Intermediate Air Quality Engineer/Scientist
City : BURNABY
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Intermediate Air Quality Engineer/Scientist - ( 220003YT )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We’re a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Our Environmental Services Group is dedicated to managing environmental issues professionally and proactively. Our staff of professionals includes specialists in atmospheric sciences, acoustics and vibration, marine biology, wetland science, wildlife biology, soil science, fisheries biology, botany, hydrogeology, hydrology, forestry, habitat, and ecosystem restoration, permitting, GIS, and Information Management. We help our clients to identify and respond to opportunities and threats within constantly changing regulatory and corporate environments, through active engagement with the public, stakeholder groups, and governmental regulators.
We are seeking a talented and enthusiastic individual with a keen interest in air quality (AQ) assessment to join our team and advance their career. Our AQ Specialists provide specialized services to a wide variety of sectors including industry (especially oil and gas and mining), government, architecture, transportation, and buildings. Our AQ practitioners offer a full suite of services including assessment, permitting, monitoring, modeling, planning, policy studies, design, and control. Stantec’s AQ services are part of our overall atmospheric sciences and environmental services (ES). The other ES include assessment and permitting, environmental, health and safety compliance, geotechnical engineering and materials testing, climate solutions, remediation and revitalization, cultural and social sciences, water resources, digital and ecosystems. Full details are available at https://www.stantec.com/en/services/environmental-services.
We have an immediate opening for an Engineer or Scientist to join our team in our Burnaby office. Consideration will also be given to our Kelowna, Kamloops, or Terrace offices.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Collection of data and information (desktop and at client sites)
- Air emissions inventory development
- Air quality assessment using dispersion modelling techniques
- Air emissions permitting
- Authoring technical AQ proposals, reports, and documents
- Project management including budget and earned value tracking
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Understanding of provincial and federal ambient air quality reporting, ambient air quality objectives, guidelines and standards and air contaminant emissions limits
- Experience conducting field work (site visits) to gather baseline air quality and air emissions data and ancillary information
- Experience manipulating and analyzing large data sets
- Experience conducting air quality assessments, and air emissions permitting applications, would be an asset, especially the preparation of technical reports
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Be a results-oriented individual with the ability to interpret and effectively manage multiple and competing priorities and timelines
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision and in a multi-disciplinary team
- Flexibility in scheduling is required for travel necessary for site work (travel across Canada will be required from time to time)
- A valid driver's license is required
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related sciences.
- 5-8 years of related experience.
The standard workweek is 37.5 hours, Monday to Friday. Project and business development demands may require additional hours to be worked on an occasional basis.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby
Other Locations : Canada-British Columbia-Kamloops, Canada-British Columbia-Kelowna, Canada-British Columbia-Terrace
Organization : BC-1232 Environmental Services-CA British Columbia
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Nov 17, 2022, 11:54:04 AM
Req ID: 220003YT
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans