Intermediate Accountant, Reporting
City : Vancouver, BC; Edmonton, AB
Category : Full time Accounting/Finance
Industry : Construction
Employer : Ledcor Group
Job Summary:As an Intermediate Accountant, you will be responsible for a variety of accounting duties including month end reporting, account reconciliations as well as assisting in the compilation of monthly financial reports. Utilizing your accounting background/ knowledge, you will assist in maintaining accurate accounting records, recording monthly journal entries, assisting with the year end audit and other ad-hoc requests.
Apply today to join our Shared Services team in Vancouver!
- Prepares and enters in monthly journal entries
- Performs complex balance sheet account reconciliations on a regular basis. Investigate, follow-up and resolve issues around bank and account reconciliations to ensure completeness and accuracy of reconciliations
- Compiles and organizes statements for manual upload into our consolidation software, Hyperion.
- Assists in the generation and compilation of monthly financial reports for review and distribution
- Assist with year-end audit requirements and prepares annual audit and tax working papers.
- Prepare GST/HST and PST returns and completes filings on a monthly basis.
- Assist with ad-hoc financial analysis and projects as required
- Bachelor's Degree Finance, Accounting
- CPA designation or pursuing designation preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of full cycle accounting experience
- Experience in a multi-entity environment considered an asset
- Proficiency in MS Office, with high level of proficiency in Excel
- Large ERP experience an asset (i.e., JDE and Hyperion Financial Management)
- Strong analytical skills with an attention to detail and ability to multi-task, set priorities and meet tight deadlines
- This position offers work from home options with the understanding that at times you may be required to attend the office or travel to the project site as business needs require.
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.