Interior Designer Intern – Buildings (Summer 2023)
City : CALGARY
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Interior Designer Intern - Buildings (Summer 2023) - ( 23000174 )
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
The primary role of the Interior Designer is to interpret and translate the needs and desires of a client as well as any architectural direction set forth into cohesive interior design solution. This process may involve production of drawings (2D/3D), and written material to support the conceptual direction of interior design and FFE. This individual will often be required to present their ideas in formal and informal settings with a willingness and desire to hear and respond to constructive feedback. An individual at this level in their career is expected to perform their role within the standard of care acceptable to their peers in the industry. An Interior Designer is expected to work collaboratively with the architectural team, conceptualizing, developing, and documenting varying aspects of interior design of a project, including but not limited to space planning, interior architecture, interior materials and palette, specifications and FFE.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Conducts basic interpretations of sketches, drawings, codes, program, and other similar material.
- Supports project team in the development of interior design documentation and presentation materials.
- Assists in the development of a design through sketches, physical models, electronic models, diagrams, massing studies, and other visual formats.
- Utilizes BIM technologies in the development of three-dimensional models of buildings and their components.
- Assists in research of concept, benchmarks, materials, typology, and precedents.
- Assists in material and furniture selections, space planning and communication with product representatives.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Basic understanding of Revit and the use of it as a design tool.
- Experience with the most recent design software (Sketch-up, Photoshop, and Illustrator, etc.) is preferred.
- Ability to hand sketch and communicate concepts and ideas to others effectively. To participate and collaborate in project team setting. To engage in creative and critical thought. To interpret sketches, drawings, program and other similar material. To communicate abstract ideas (verbal/written/graphic).
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite.
Education and Experience
- In an Interior Design bachelor’s degree program.
- Please submit a selection of a portfolio of work with application/resume.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Organization : BC-1442 Buildings-CA Alberta
Employee Status : Temporary
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Mar 13, 2023, 2:31:06 PM
Req ID: 23000174
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans