Interior Design Graduate
City : REGINA
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Interior Design Graduate - ( 230000ZW )
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment – where we live, learn, play, and conduct business – carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future – join us!
Our Regina, SK office has an immediate opportunity for an Interior Design Graduate. Working in a busy architectural/interior design practice on diverse and interesting projects.
We are searching for an individual that has a hunger for knowledge, who wants to learn and will also teach us! We are a close-knit design team, and we are looking to mentor someone who shares our passion for design and has an interest in being a part of a supportive and creative team. The role will involve supporting the Lead Designer in various aspects of the design process, from the development of conceptual design presentations to assisting with the creation of construction documents. The role will provide opportunities to attend and participate in project meetings that will include designers and consultants. We are looking for someone who has a desire to work collaboratively with the design team, conceptualizing, and assisting with the development of documenting varying aspects of interior design of a project. Ideally, individual should also have an interest, and keen eye for the selection of interior materials and assisting with specifications and furniture selections.
We are not looking for perfection, we are looking for someone who asks questions and has an interest in learning, as well as sharing their knowledge and experiences. We are looking to teach, and we are also looking to learn. We are excited to have a new member join our team and hope you are just as excited!
Your Key Responsibilities
- Works collaboratively with other Interior Designers and other members of our integrated buildings team.
- Assist in the selection of materials for design projects.
- Product research for design projects
- Supports the design team in development of material boards (including digital boards) for presentations.
- Participates in the development of a design through design charettes, hand sketches and/or computer-generated imagery.
- To meet with product representatives to learn about new products and share what is learnt with the rest of the design team.
- Assist to help manage the sample library. Other forms for digital management of materials and other related design information are also of interest for our practice.
- Understands or is interested in learning and utilizing Revit in the development of three-dimensional models of buildings and their components.
- Prepares and revises drawings and documentation in various project phases to support interior design intent.
- Assists in the evaluation and selection of interior systems and materials and coordinates with the Lead Designer.
- Attends project coordination and meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants in a supportive role to the Lead Designer.
- Participates in client meetings.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Ability to communicate your career interests and design aspirations.
- Approaches design in a thoughtful and creative manner. Basic knowledge of interior building systems.
- Interest to design within various sectors such as education, commercial and workplace, healthcare, industrial and hospitality.
- Basic understanding of all phases of Interior Design
- Take initiative to ask questions and search for solutions for any design related challenge.
- Manages time and incorporates feedback to meet project schedule outlined by the Project Manager.
- Interest and ability to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Desire to collaborate and be a part of a supportive design team.
- Requires (desired) basic understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, Revit, AutoCAD, prefer experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Bluebeam, SketchUp, Newforma and/or other modeling software.
- A strong interest in being a registered Interior Designer in Saskatchewan is a key attribute we are looking for, to grow and expand our professional team.
Education and Experience
A Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design from a CIDA accredited program.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Saskatchewan-Regina
Organization : BC-1444 Buildings-CA Saskatchewan
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Mar 1, 2023, 12:37:03 PM
Req ID: 230000ZW
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans