Interface UX Designer Co-op/Intern
City : Ottawa, Ontario
Category : Fixed Term
Industry : Corporate Services
Employer : Nokia
Position: Interface UX Designer Co-op/Intern
Duration: 3 Months +
Date: January 8 - April 26, 2024
Come create the technology that helps the world act together
We are a B2B technology innovation leader pioneering the future where networks meet cloud. At Nokia, you will have a positive impact on people’s lives and help build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and accessible world.
Be part of a culture built on an inclusive way of working where we are open to your ideas, you are empowered to take risks, and are encouraged to be fearless in bringing your authentic self to work.
The team you'll be part of
The pandemic has highlighted how important telecoms networks are to society. Nokia’s Network Infrastructure group is at the heart of a revolution to bring more and faster network capacity to people worldwide through our ambition, innovation, and technical expertise.
Currently a candidate for Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Interactive arts and technology, Industrial design, communication, and design with an accredited school in Canada.
What you will learn and contribute to
We're looking for a passionate Interface UX student designer to create great user experiences.
As a student in the role of Interface designer, you are crafting the visual style of the application user interface. You will work closely with product management, interaction designers, and developers.
As part of our team, you will work with UI appearance and UX controls such as visual layout, icons, animation effects as well as UI flows, and navigation as well as:
- Craft the visual style of the application user interface.
- Work closely with product management, interaction designers, and developers.
- Your tasks will be to work with UI appearance and UX controls such as visual layout, icons, animation effects as well as UI flows and navigation.
- Build interaction specifications that outline the flow of the UX in an application.
- Apply sound user-centered design principles to your design work.
What is Nokia looking for from me
- Experience designing web/desktop applications.
- A thorough understanding and a keen eye for graphical details.
- Superior creative and innovative problem-solving skills.
- Initiative and the ability to work independently and in a team with excellent collaborative
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Expert knowledge of user-centered design principles.
- Ability to story tell around the experiences you create.
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules.
- Experience in InVision, Sketch, Photoshop, and similar Adobe products.
- An exceptional eye for pixel-perfect detail.
- Motion visual skills experience with After Effects or other animation software is a bonus.
The ideal candidate should be a brilliant problem solver, quick study, self-starter, and excellent communicator with a passion for great design and the ability to achieve it.
If you are a creative, curious, and fun-seeking person interested in working in a team of highly talented people, this could be the right position for you!
Why we're awesome
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Company Culture: We believe our people are our greatest asset and we aim to foster a fun, challenging, positive, and inclusive work environment. We offer 1-on-1 mentorship, learning and development opportunities, global impact and interaction, and flexible work/life balance.
Meaningful Co-op/Internship: During your placement, you will be able to test the latest technologies and work on innovative projects that could leave a global impact. You get to use skills learned in the classroom and apply them to real-world situations while gaining professional hands-on experience.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.
See you this Winter 2024!