City : Scarborough, ON, CA, M1L4S2
Category : Computer Specialists
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 133559
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
- We are a Canadian Banking Technology Branch, Analytics and Insurance team focused on proudly supporting all technology projects that are delivered to our ScotiaLife Financial business partners.
- We work closely with our Business Partners, Developers, Vendors and various partners within the Bank to ensure we deliver successful projects which align with the overall business strategies and roadmaps ensuring the highest quality experience for the customer.
- Most projects are across multiple retail products and multiple Bank channels. The projects relate to new products and/or product enhancements on multiple systems and platforms. The focus is on providing solutions that assist front line staff in providing better servicing to our customers and increase sales & productivity.
- The group is a mix of business analysts, solutions experts, specialists and developers who provide value by delivering projects that meet the needs of our Insurance Business line. We develop Insurance Roadmaps, ensure end-to-end project delivery, write technical stories, develop code, manage stakeholders and connect related teams.
The Integration Lead is responsible for the delivery of business and technology related solutions for our Insurance Line of Business. The Integration Lead is responsible to provide technology support, solutions and data governance for the non creditor business line. The role is critical to support components of the Insurance IT programs. The Integration Lead works very closely with the architects, other developers and business leads to provide solutions that meet the business needs and moves the business along their Roadmap goals. The Integration Lead is also responsible for ensuring that the business’s needs are considered on Bank wide initiatives that impact our applications.
Is this role right for you?
- Understands Canadian Retail Banking and Insurance from several points of view and aligns IT&S systems and processes to address critical information and technical requirements.
- Formulates and defines technical requirements based on business requirements received.
- Thrives on the detailed design & deployment of various solution
- Participates in all phases of the IT System Development Lifecycle (SDLC). Responsible for representing and successfully navigating projects through the internal Bank processes.
- Provides expert knowledge of cross-functional and business processes, policies and systems and works to influence peers and senior management to adopt, implement and align.
- Provides support to Insurance and Branch Channel Business partners and lead the technical design sessions.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- 3+ years experience with Service side development experience with Java, Spring, Hibernate, Spring Boot with an emphasis on REST services.
- 3+ years experience with relational or no SQL databases.
- 5+ years proficiency in using Git for source code repository; Maven and Jenkins for build;
- 5+ years experience with programming, developing APIs, and building database.
- Experience with Spark, Power BI, Tableau, SAS, Python and other data analytic programs is a definite asset.
- Excellent Computer Science Fundamentals; Object Oriented Design; Java Design Patterns.
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We foster an environment of innovation and continuous learning.
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, that includes a base salary, performance bonus, company matching programs (pension & Employee Share Ownership), generous vacation; health/medical/wellness benefits; employee banking privileges, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Canadian Banking Technology supports the end-to-end technology needs of Scotiabank’s Canadian banking business, including a broad range of banking products and services from savings and chequing accounts to credit cards, creditor insurance and commercial loans. Joining our team gives you access to great opportunities with a wide range of traditional and emerging technologies while delivering innovative solutions for our Branch Channel and Business Partners.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Scarborough
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.