Insurance Consultant – GTA West
City : Oakville, ON, CA, T2P 1N2
Category : Insurance Sales Agent
Industry : Financial Services/Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 190245
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
This position is responsible for driving life insurance revenue in support smaller sales opportunities, particularly lifestyle protection solutions – term insurance, disability insurance, critical illness, and immediate annuities – within their assigned region. The incumbent will work with advisors across all business lines to raise awareness of these important solutions, as well as partner with the Senior Insurance Consultants who also support those advisors to ensure that, together, they provide comprehensive sales support in a way that leverages their skills and maximizes their collective efficiency. While the role focuses on lifestyle protection, they also may be called upon to deliver permanent life insurance solutions to less affluent and complex clients.
- Leads the end-to-end Insurance sales process on lifestyle protection solutions and select permanent insurance opportunities. This includes providing quotes and illustrations; meeting with clients and advisors to assess needs; completing documentation required to implement solutions; communicating with advisors and clients throughout the underwriting process; and delivering policies. It also includes ensuring that all business requirements and compliance standards are met or exceeded and that clients receive the optimal solution that is in their best interests.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships throughout the region with advisors and other Client Solutions specialists. This includes driving the integration of lifestyle protection solutions into the total wealth planning process and supporting the planners’ ability to position them effectively as part of the plan recommendations.
- Provides back-up support to peers in other regions that may be related to volume spikes, vacations, or availability issues, among other reasons.
- Drives and supports business development efforts with the region. This may include collaborating with SWIS colleagues to drive advisor and client engagement on insurance overall; leading efforts to increase awareness of lifestyle protection needs and solutions, including any special offers; and partnering with ICs around increasing advisor engagement and segmenting efforts in the region.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Education / Experience
- Life Insurance Licensing (LLQP) is a requirement
- Extensive knowledge of the life insurance industry
- 5+ years of insurance industry experience, including sales
- Desirables: CFP or CLU or willingness to pursue them; CSC
Solid understanding of Scotia Wealth Management businesses and roles
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Oakville || Canada : Ontario : Burlington
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.