City : Calgary, AB
Category : ERI - Resources
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
At WSP, we're continuing to grow and develop our expertise in the Energy, Resources & Industrial sector in Alberta. We currently have a need for an Instrumentation Engineer to join our Energy & Process team in Calgary on a full time bases.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Develop design criteria and standardized specifications
- Specify instrumentation (selection, technical data sheets, bid analysis and recommendations)
- Design and review engineering work packages, data sheets, installation details, client support
- Assist in the development of P&IDs by ensuring proper instrument symbology and control loop definition
- Sizing of control valves and flow devices
- Development of instrument installation details
- Assisting in development of engineering estimates and input into proposals
- Review and check calculations, design models and drawings and design documents prepared by others in the group and by material suppliers, as assigned
- Prepare bulk material quantity takeoffs and material requisitions for materials applicable to the discipline
- May develop work plans, budgets, and schedules for basic designer tasks based on input and direction from supervisor when assigned
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or automated engineering or Technical Diploma in Industrial Instrumentation.
- Minimum 5 years experience in the Energy or Oil & Gas sector
- Strong knowledge of industrial control networks
- Extensive knowledge of instrumentation selection for various processes
- Strong knowledge of industrial processes in various industries
- Strong knowledge of control applications including control loop definitions and interlocking systems
- Registered as a professional engineer in the Province of Alberta is an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills combined with a positive, team-oriented attitude
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written