Instrumentation & Controls Engineer
City : Saskatoon, SK
Category : ERI - Resources
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
SASKATOON, CALGARY, EDMONTON, REGINA OR WINNIPEG
WSP is currently seeking an Intermediate or Senior Instrumentation & Controls Engineer to join our Industrial department, located at our Saskatoon office. Reporting to the Electrical Department Manager, this position will be responsible for participating in EIC scopes of work in different roles across several industrial sectors including mining, energy, and agribusiness.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Carry out EIC project work by executing engineering, quality control monitoring, and technical report development;
- Work with minimum supervision and complete tasks independently;
- Make decisions and take responsibility on technical matters within the discipline scope;
- Coordinate with various other departments and disciplines required for project implementation;
- Provide occasional site support for EIC troubleshooting, commissioning, and other site duties;
- Assign and review the work of junior automation engineers (engineers-in-training), technicians, and drafters assigned to projects;
- Prepare the Bill of Materials required for project implementation in accordance with codes, standards, drawings, and other established methods while adhering to WSP’s quality system requirements;
- Actively participate in the preparation of technical and commercial proposals;
- Assume the responsibilities of project engineer for EIC-specific projects, which involves, among other responsibilities, ensuring that all assigned deliverables are produced in compliance with quality, schedule, and budget requirements;
- Educational requirements:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Computer Science, or Instrumentation & Control from an accredited institution.
- Required years of experience:
- 5-10 yrs’ working with industrial automation systems.
- Soft skills:
- Ability to interact as part of a multidisciplinary team and with all types of client representatives;
- Proactive and able to manage time well;
- Ability to build relationships with key clients;
- Strong business acumen;
- Driven to learn about the latest technologies and methods.
- Technical skills
- Knowledge of Industry 4.0 and IoT
- Working knowledge of CSA/ISA/ANSI/IEEE standards, National Building Code, and other applicable codes;
- Practical experience in the design of instrumentation and control systems (design criteria, network architecture, control system and instrument selection, etc.);
- Experience with CADD software (e.g., AutoCAD).
- Communication skills:
- Fluent in the English language with excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft suite of programs.
- Member or eligible to be a member of the APEGS as a professional engineer in Saskatchewan;
- Onsite experience and focus on work safety;
- Experience in start-up troubleshooting, commissioning and system installation;
- Experience in a consulting engineering or system integrator environment;
- Bilingual (English/French) is considered an asset.