Instructor Guard, Indigenous Swimming & Water Safety Program
City : Canada
Category : Canadian Operations Programs
Industry : Civil and Social Organizations
Employer : Canadian Red Cross
Title: Instructor Guard- Indigenous Swimming & Water Safety Program
Location: Canada Remote
Employment status: Casual
Houlry rate: $19
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC), an iconic brand and one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet, is seeking a Instructor Guard- Indigenous Swimming & Water Safety Program to join our Candian Operations team.
You have a passion for helping others, and want to work with other dedicated individuals? By applying, you are taking a big first step to be part of an exciting organization.
At the Canadian Red Cross, we are guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons to apply, particularly Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, racialized people, and people with diverse gender identities and sexual orientations, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
We are looking for an Instructor Guard- Indigenous Swimming & Water Safety Program to teach the Indigenous Swimming & Water Safety Program through the summer months, under the supervision of the Coordinator, Indigenous Swimming & Water Safety. This position will include teaching swim lessons as required at various reserve communities in Saskatoon to Indigenous youth ages 5 -14.
In this role, you will:
- Instruct Red Cross Water Safety swim lessons.
- Promote Water Safety Programs to community.
- Ensure appropriate and proper use of program apparatus and processes.
- Maintain safety and ensure supervision of participants at all times.
- Evaluate participants’ swimming abilities.
- Update information and communications with supervisor.
- Participate in program evaluation and report writing.
What we are looking for:
- The minimum qualifications for this job 1-3 years of job-related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and water safety experience.
- Excellent oral and written communications in English
- Must hold a current Water Safety Instructor certification or higher and current Lifeguarding qualifications
- Current First Aid or a willingness to obtain certification
- Some computer skills and experience (Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Strong customer service, training, problem solving, and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with a diverse population and an understanding of Indigenous culture is an asset
- Fluency in a second language is an asset
- Valid Class 5 driver's license (not GDL)
- Successful vulnerable record check
- Have the ability to travel to remote communities
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the CRC will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground)
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.