Instructional Associate, Fine Arts
City : Surrey, BC
Category : 2326-Fine Arts
Industry : Education
Employer : Kwantlen Polytechnic University - KPU
- Bachelor of Fine Arts or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of the course content, studio equipment and supplies currently used in the program.
- Knowledge of the techniques and safety aspects involved with areas of supervision which could include woodworking, metalworking, mold making, ceramics, photography, digital media, print making, painting and drawing, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to use studios and provide demonstrations in a studio setting and develop explanations and procedures related to course content. Ability to demonstrate studio techniques.
- A working knowledge of the operation and routine maintenance of studio equipment involved with areas of supervision which could include woodworking, metalworking, mold making, ceramics, photography, digital media, print making etc.
- Studio supervision and teaching experience. Be able to demonstrate studio techniques and have practical experience in these. Proven related teaching experience is an asset.
- Ability to develop and deliver a safety lecture and testing program for fine arts students.
- Preference will be given to applicants with active involvement in the local art community.
This position will provide studio and lab support for the Print Media portfolio.
Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box?
We at KPU understand that experiences and qualifications may look differently for everyone and, if this job description is of interest to you, we encourage you to apply.
Note to Applicants:
Kwantlen Polytechnic University welcomes and encourages applications from equity deserving groups and diverse experiences including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, and members of the 2S/LGBTQIA+ community.
If there are any barriers that you are experiencing or an accommodation that we can provide to support you through the application process, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with KPU. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is committed to protecting the safety and welfare of employees, students, and the general public, and upholding the reputation and integrity of the University. For this reason, final applicants will be asked to undergo a background check.