Installation & Repair Technician, Télébec
City : La Sarre, Quebec
Category : Technicians
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Bell
Req Id: 391952
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Bell’s forward-thinking Customer Operations team is creating the ultimate service experience for our residential, wireless and small business consumers. We lead strategic development and execution of day-to-day operations, develop tools and processes to drive service enhancements, manage customer loyalty and retention, and leverage big data and artificial intelligence to create intellectual property.
Job Title: Installation & Repair Technician, Télébec
Job location: 53, 6th Avenue East, La Sarre, Qc.
Job status: Regular - Full Time
Number of positions: 1
Date of posting: March 17, 2023
Posting end date: March 30, 2023
The incumbent will be responsible for installing, repairing, replacing, modifying and maintaining cable television and telecommunications instruments and devices for residential and business customers.
Job Duties & Accountabilities:
- Install, move, remove, repair, replace, modify and maintain cable television, telephone and PBX equipment for residential and business customers according to established standards, procedures and directives
- Organize daily tasks, take note of daily assignments, prepare an itinerary, contact the customer in advance, and occasionally provide work estimates for business installations
- Successfully complete the activation of various telephony projects
- Show customers how to use the telecom, television or Internet equipment during installation, and promote company products/services and equipment to business customers
- Verify lines using a testing device and ensure preventive maintenance
- See to the necessary wiring, connections and terminations to make the equipment operational for his or her activity sectors
- Contact specialized resources to resolve certain problems, and provide and receive information
- Handle, transport, fine-tune, adjust and use appropriate tools, equipment, materials and vehicles, and make sure they are maintained; ensure a clean work environment. File and oversee inventory maintenance for his or her sector
- Complete various forms and draft work-related reports
- Sound time-management skills so as to cut costs
- Be available to respond to customer requests, handle emergency calls outside normal work hours and be willing to travel
- Be available to work variable shifts and schedules based on business needs from Sunday to Saturday
- Be available to work some overtime from Sunday to Saturday as well as during holidays
- Perform other related tasks, as required
- College diploma in electronics or telecommunications, or equivalent work experience. A minimum of a high school diploma is required for candidates outside of the Teamsters Technicians Québec bargaining
- Hold a valid driver’s license - Class 5
- High manual dexterity, able to work with variety of hand tools
- Ability to lift and carry heavy weight (i.e. 80 lbs) as a ladder
- Ability to work aloft in poles and ladders and also in confined spaces
- Capable of working with spur
- Capable of differentiating colored wires (color code)
- As required to meet customer’s needs, agree to undergo a background security clearance
- Knowledge of programming principles
- Knowledge of high speed data transmission
- Knowledge of computer tools
Candidate profile / Behavior:
- Strong analytical and research in technical and IT framework
- Ability to deal and communicate with customers
- Represent the company appropriately to customers
- Planning and organizing high
- Perform the work safely with accuracy, speed and courtesy
- High team spirit
- Sense of urgency and high capacity to meet the workload when necessary
- Degree of autonomy and initiative high
- The candidate must be able to work outdoors in various weather conditions and may be called upon to work variable schedules according to business needs (assignments prepared by Company with due consideration to seniority), to participate in a standby program and to work overtime as needed
- The successful candidate must have physical capacity to safely execute all function/aspect of the job and meet all safety requirements associate with equipments that he will use during his work
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Union
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : La Sarre
Flexible work profile: Full-time in office (meaning that you will be required to perform your work on-site)
Application Deadline: 03/31/2023
All team members are expected to reside in Canada and within a reasonable commuting distance from their work location to ensure that they are able to come to the office as required, whether the visit is planned or unplanned.
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, QC, La Sarre
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.