Infrastructure Specialist (contract)
City : Vancouver, British Columbia, CA
Category : Business Professionals
Industry : Mining/Quarrying
Employer : Teck
Reporting to the Lead, Hybrid Infrastructure, the Infrastructure Specialist will be a part of a virtual, distributed team responsible for all base systems infrastructure that underpins the Technology and Innovation initiatives of Teck Resources Limited (“Teck”).
The Infrastructure Specialist main focus will be both operational and project work supporting Teck’s diverse and sophisticated on-premise and cloud environments.
Services supported by the distributed team include leading all non-client compute at scale, core infrastructure services, Server, Desktop Virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Manage on-premise and cloud-based IaaS computing infrastructure
- Maintain and continually improve all core infrastructure services
- Be a security champion
- Be prepared to challenge and question existing standards and processes to identify inefficiencies and opportunities for improvement
- Manage and develop Teck’s Active Directory and Azure Active Directory services according to industry and security standard process
- Actively work to remove toil and build efficiencies; and have an automation first mentality
- Write and maintain technical user documentation
- Automate deployment, management, and maintenance of a wide range of on-premise and cloud-based infrastructure
- Manage, monitor, troubleshoot and optimize Windows Server 2016+ and Linux enterprise server infrastructure
- Respond to and assist in production operations in a 24/7 environment as part of an on-call rotation is a possibility
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent proven experience
- 7+ years of experience working in sophisticated enterprise server environments, specifically Windows Server 2016+ and Linux
- Microsoft Windows Server, Azure and O365 Certification (or equivalent) are desirable
- Agile methodologies knowledge – Kanban and Scrum would be considered an asset
- Understanding of VMware vSphere and storage solutions knowledge
- Familiarity with cloud-hosted services – Azure, AWS or GCP
- Deep knowledge of Active Directory and Azure Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, GPO, Azure RBAC and other services
- Passionate about innovative technologies and continuous learning
- Ability to balance multiple contending priorities in a fast-paced, results-driven environment
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Azure platform and experience with another cloud service provider - AWS or GCP
- Advanced scripting skills - Windows PowerShell, bash, python
- Advanced troubleshooting and root cause analysis using performance tools, often working with other team members or other support personnel and vendors
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with all areas of the business
- Authentication and Federation Services including SAML, SSO, OAuth, LDAP, RADIUS
- Remote Desktop and Access solution administration, including VMware Horizon, Citrix, PCoIP
- Infrastructure as Code and Configuration Management – Ansible, Terraform, ARM Templates
- Automation tooling – Morpheus, vRealize, Azure Automation, packer
- Observability and Monitoring tools – SCOM, Prometheus, DataDog desirable
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Teck has been named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the six consecutive years. Teck has also been named to the Forbes list of the World’s Best Employers for the past two years and is one of Canada's Top Employers for Young People.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources