Infrastructure & Application Resiliency Analyst
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
- In this role you will help RBC to define and design disaster readiness targets, and ensure alignment to existing architectural disaster patterns for different application & infrastructure solutions. In addition, the role will:
- Collaboratively work together with multiple stakeholders, leveraging their application & business process expertise, to achieve End to End Disaster Readiness
- Provide a Center of Excellence for all Enterprise Disaster Recovery activities.
- Participate in RBCs T&O Disaster Readiness planning and execution of exercises on a global scale.
- Shape and implement a global strategy to ensure the RBC business process(es) supported application(s) have the ability to resume services should an unexpected event occur.
What will you do?
- Partner with Application and Infrastructure Development Leads, Architects, Custodians & Leaders to challenge DR solutions, build E2E resilient plans for IT teams (BIA, AIA , BCP to DR of the team requirements and the solutions they maintain)
- Work with application/business leads to understand how a complete business process is supported by applications and their dependencies.
- Consult with Application and infrastructure Architects & Custodians, prior to implementation, to identify E2E DR architecture changes and to determine if there are impacts to other parts of the solution
- Review and manage existing disaster readiness architecture and E2E plans to assess feasibility and ongoing manageability and identifying weaknesses throughout entire process.
- Consulting with business/project leaders, discover challenges and opportunities within identified strategies and identify key technical risk areas requiring solutions to address business challenges
- Lead the various stakeholders so that they are able together to design, / modify solutions including supportive applications (e.g. assessing security, RTB technology) to ensure risk appetite and overall fit within RBC T&O Disaster Readiness strategy
- Assist in orchestrating Disaster using standard testing, automation and quality engineering practices & coordinate IT global testing, regulatory and vendor testing when needed
- Assess current road maps against current application/technology, potential impacts of industry best practices and make recommendations to mitigate any potential disaster readiness gaps
What do you need to succeed?
- Ability to drive transformation by continuously looking for ways to automate existing processes and bringing ideas to the larger team
- Ability to interact and build relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Experience developing enterprise application solutions and understanding architecture approaches.
- Exercise Planning, Execution, Issue Management, Closure and Reporting & documentation of events/processes
- Exceptional communication skills and confidence to engage, challenge and/or make presentations with stakeholders who may have little to expert technical knowledge
- Understands all facets of solutions, from initiation, building, testing to implementation.
- Understand how to work in a matrix organization in order to truly provide an E2E resiliency view
- University Degree in a relevant or applicable field
- 5+ years of experience in an information technology role
- Application technical knowledge with expertise in at least 2 platforms
- Stakeholder management in a large organization
- Experience in communicating with all levels of an organization in a variety of mediums.
- Ability to participate in ensuring the team has open safe spaces to have diverse and honest conversation, and continually apply a growth mindset within themselves and the team.
Nice to Have
- CBCP/CBCI Certification (or equivalent)
- Working with financial institutions.
- Change Management
What’s in it for you?
- We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
RBC is committed to supporting flexible work arrangements when and where available. Details to be discussed with Hiring Manager.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.