Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) Engineer
City : TORONTO
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) Engineer - ( 22000052 )
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
An opportunity exists in Stantec's Toronto office for a skilled Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) Engineer to join our multidisciplinary team and support our ICT group based in the Montreal area. In this role, you will be responsible for the design and execution of projects ranging in size and complexity, with a focus on healthcare, commercial and educational projects. The successful candidate will also be responsible of developing and maintaining new and existing clients, coordinating skillsets with other local teams and disciplines, and satisfying customer requirements.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Provide local support to our remote ICT team located in the Montreal area.
- Coordinate and be responsible for ICT engineering drawings and specifications.
- Prepare technical documents for planning, bidding and construction.
- Contribute to the design of local area networks (LAN), including network devices, cabling and physical spaces.
- Contribute to the design of various ICT systems, notably access control, video surveillance, WLAN, audiovisual, building automation, nurse call and public address.
- Nurture and maintain strong client relationships in and for execution of projects and, as appropriate, participate in business development.
- Support specific proposal and project efforts.
- Assist with determining the scope and fees for proposed engineering services.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Independent and resourceful, the successful candidate must be able to collaborate with a remote office in the Montreal area, while coordinating with other local disciplines (electrical, mechanical and architectural).
- Technical writing skills; capable of writing reports, proposals, letters, and technical specifications.
- Good verbal communication and soft skills.
- Experience designing the physical and cabling infrastructure of a network (telecom rooms, server rooms, patch panels, racks/cabinets, cable managers, cable trays, etc.)
- Experience designing or commissioning any of the following systems: access control, video surveillance, WLAN, audiovisual, nurse call, RTLS, VoIP, public address, intercom or building automation.
- General understanding of network protocols and concepts (i.e. DHCP, NAT, STP, VLAN, link aggregation, IP addressing, subnet masks, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of industry codes and standards (ANSI/TIA, BICSI, IEEE, CSA, OBC, NBC).
- Knowledge of and experience with products from industry leading manufacturers.
- Familiarity with industry trends and industry leaders in Ontario.
- Willing to travel for short periods of time as needed to attend on-site meetings or conduct site surveys.
- Working understanding of and familiarity with AutoCAD and REVIT is considered an asset
- Ability to work in French is considered an asset.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent education in networking & IT. Minimum of 5 years of experience in a related field.
- RCDD, CCNA or CISSP certifications are considered an asset.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Job : Electrical Engineer
Organization : BC-1610 Buildings-CA Ontario GTA
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jan 17, 2022, 5:59:23 PM
Req ID: 22000052
Vaccine Policy: Stantec requires some positions in North America to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to reasonable accommodation to the extent required by law because of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans