Industrial Sector Market Leader
City : TORONTO
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Industrial Sector Market Leader - ( 220001KU )
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
As a professional design services firm, our GTA office seeks a Leader to serve as the Principal, Industrial Sector (Market) Leader. The successful candidate is to develop client relationships, lead business development activities, continue our growth and success in the Industrial Market sector, and diversify our client and project bases. In addition to the external development, we are looking for a leader to inspire our team, represent design, and reinforce the national brand of Stantec. Our GTA office stands as a leader in our buildings division in design. It has key studios spanning Healthcare, Transit, Aviation, Civic, Post-Secondary, S&T, Industrial, Workplace, Commercial & Retail, and Mixed-Use.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Develop and lead sustainable growth of industrial architecture, with a focus on southwest Ontario and GTA
- Support industrial projects across Ontario and collaborate with internal business practices across Canada and US
- Participate in and contribute to strategic planning for industrial buildings
- Manage financial targets and be responsible for revenue growth (annual target)
- Work collaboratively with the various project teams to achieve key operational performance metrics
- Forecast resource needs and manages the recruitment of staff
- Play a key leadership role on projects throughout all project stages
- Serve as a local leader to inspire our team, represent design, and reinforce the national brand of Stantec
- Serve as a seller-doer generating work, creating long-term relationships, and delivering long-term value to clients for Stantec
- Lead and coordinate business development efforts, including market research, client relationships, developing leads, and securing contracts
- Develop and drive marketing and business development (M&BD) plans, budgets, and key performance indicators
- Develop and maintain industry relationships and visibility with current and prospective clients, sub-consultants, competitor/teaming partners, and potential recruits
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Multidisciplinary experience in any or all of the following markets/client types: tenant and warehouse/distribution, automotive, food & beverage, pharmaceutical, general manufacturing, data centers, science & technology, municipalities, national defense, Canada Post, transit agencies, power & energy, water and & wastewater, and design-build contractors
- An entrepreneurial orientation with a strong understanding of the business development challenges of a consulting-services provider
- Demonstrated design acumen and leadership on major projects
- Experience with responding to Requests for Proposals, Expression of Interest, Statement of Qualifications
- Strong business development skills, including significant experience building and maintaining productive relationships with a client base
- Strong seller-doer capable of generating work and creating long-term relationships, and delivering long-term value to clients for Stantec
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organization, coordination, leadership, team-building, and managerial skills
- Knowledge of market assessment techniques, insights, and contacts
- Proven success in developing new clients and maintaining strong client relationships
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture. Registered Architect in Ontario20 years of experience in business development in the architecture industry (industrial building experience) in the Ontario market and surrounding area
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Job : Architect
Organization : BC-1400 Buildings-CA Ontario GTA
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Apr 25, 2022, 8:29:01 AM
Req ID: 220001KU
Vaccine Policy: Stantec requires some positions in North America to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to reasonable accommodation to the extent required by law because of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans