City : WINNIPEG
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Industrial/Manufacturing Lead - ( 220001AK )
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
We are looking for a Senior Industrial / Manufacturing Lead!
Stantec’s team of manufacturing professionals assist its clients to achieve world-class performance in safety, quality, cost, and delivery throughout the entire product supply chain. This position resides in our Winnipeg, MB office, and involves approximately 20% travel. The job focuses on supporting process and manufacturing based businesses. It can involve new facility considerations, production line development or re-engineering existing product lines, process automation solutions, value stream mapping, or supply chain cycle time analysis. You will therefore have to have considerable direct, hands-on manufacturing or process engineering experience on complex issues requiring globally competitive solutions that add value across the entire project lifecycle. Project based work assignments may require travel to our other offices to provide guidance to teams supporting project delivery and occasional travel to client locations.
If you can see yourself working at a vibrant company that values innovative thinking, technical experience, and engagement with a fully integrated multidisciplined team, then Stantec may be the place for you. Let’s discuss your future.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Lead and manage our process and manufacturer client relationships
- Develop new business opportunities utilizing your understanding of the industry
- Lead and contribute to development of proposals for all stages of projects from feasibility studies to final design
- Lead a team of engineers, architects and technologists to execute projects including development of studies, design basis, facility layouts, process flow diagrams. piping and instrumentation diagrams, equipment specifications, etc.
- Provide oversight of project related schedules and budgets
- Provide input on codes, standards, and safety requirements
- Ensure QC and approval procedures are followed for all deliverables
- Interface regularly with clients, other disciplines, and project management
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- A strong customer service attitude
- Exposure to customer relationship building and project marketing an asset
- Able to both work independently as well as part of a team
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with both client and project team members
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering & Licensed Professional Engineer. 10 years of relevant engineering and engineering leadership experience
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg
Job : Mechanical Engineer Management
Organization : BC-1154 Buildings-CA Manitoba
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Manager
Travel : Yes, 20 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Apr 5, 2022, 3:07:02 PM
Req ID: 220001AK
Vaccine Policy: Stantec requires some positions in North America to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to reasonable accommodation to the extent required by law because of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans