Industrial Lubrication Technician
City : London
Category : Other
Industry : Food/Packaging
Employer : Maple Leaf Foods
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging.We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership ValuesEight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
The OpportunityAs part of Maple Leaf Food’s London Maintenance team, the individual will be responsible for lubrication routines related to processing equipment and building infrastructure used in the facility for daily production. Furthermore, they will ensure safe plant operations and a safe working environment for all employees.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Be deeply involved in progressive, proactive maintenance routines, with a philosophy deeply rooted in a predictive approach in a 24 hour/day operation.
- Troubleshooting and execution of identified corrective maintenance requirements.
- Carry out documented requests and apply corrective action
- Navigate through an app-based lubrication routine map (LUBE-IT)
- Use of tools and equipment for routine and non-routine lubrication functions.
- Draining and cleaning of reservoirs.
- Grease relubrication with manual and automatic dispensing equipment
- Maintenance of dispensing equipment and automatic systems
- Perform field level oil analysis
- Perform assigned work orders and account for inventory and labour on a computerized maintenance management system (SAP).
- Read and interpret drawings and schematics to determine layout of industrial equipment installations.
- Report in writing any discrepancies or conditions that require corrective, predictive or planned maintenance for production systems.
- Ensure all job-related operations follow GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practice), HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points), WHMIS (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System) and health & safety requirements.
- Understand and adhere to all plant Food/Health and Safety Polices.
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability, expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- A unified team, with a culture based in cross-functional collaboration.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits.
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Commitment to Learning. Courses, resources, and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
- Must be legally entitled to work for Maple Leaf Foods in Canada.
- Basic knowledge of plant and process equipment operations.
- Ability to execute planned and scheduled daily tasks with minimal supervision.
- Understanding of fundamental lubrication concepts and application of these concepts
- Capability to operate moderately complex software and web-based programs for lubrication scheduling and oil analysis functions.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Basic mathematical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Basic knowledge of industrial safety, food safety and environmental regulations with absolute commitment to safety.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness to be trained in use of elevated work platforms, working at heights, forklift operation.
- Qualified to perform lockout procedures.
- Must be capable of meeting the physical demands required to perform the essential duties of the classification
- Sense of urgency and attention to detail.
- Basic computer skills
- Availability to work overtime including weekends, holidays, or on different shifts with notice as required.
- Ability to work various shifts
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com.