Industrial Electrician Apprenticeship
City : New Annan
Category : Production & Skilled Trades
Industry : Crop production
Employer : J.D. Irving
Cavendish Farms is a leading producer of frozen potato products for retail and foodservice markets throughout Canada, the United States and around the world. We have state-of-the-art processing plants in New Annan PE, Lethbridge, AB, Wheatley, ON and another in Jamestown, ND, with head offices in Dieppe, NB and sales locations in Toronto, Montreal and Boston.
Reporting to the Electrical Supervisor, Industrial Electrical Apprentice will be a self- starter with a “Can Do” attitude and the ability to adapt in a fast paced and dynamic work environment.
Successful Candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Successful completion of a recognized post-secondary education (minimum 1 year program) in an electrical trade within the last 10 years
- Required to work in all areas of the plant. (Receiving, front line and packaging etc.)
- Must have the physical ability to perform all job functions.
- Good work history
- Must accept responsibility of helping maintain all Cavendish Farms equipment and buildings.
- Must be willing to work overtime.
- Experience in Manufacturing would be considered an asset.
- Must be willing to work alternative shift schedules when applicable for assignments.
- Follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Day to day maintenance of equipment;
- Trouble shooting, preventive and predictive maintenance;
- Communication with shift managers and supervisors;
- Involvement in projects and new equipment installations;
- Participation in or conducting training on familiarity with equipment.
- Be willing and able to learn all aspects of the business inside of all departments.
- Installations of other electrical/electronic-related functions
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk and/or hear
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk and climb; regularly use hands and fingers to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include color acuity, close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust and focus
- Work is inside and the noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud
Hourly Wage: $22.54 - $23.13
To Apply for this Career Opportunity: Apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Cavendish Farms Corporation is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.