Industrial Electrical Engineer
City : VANCOUVER
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Industrial Electrical Engineer - ( 210002DH )
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
The Vancouver Civic | Industrial Studio offers services for all phases of the project life cycle from pre-project planning through to detailed design for engineering analysis studies, and construction documents for capital investment projects. This is where great ideas and rewarding careers are built. Exercising creativity and ingenuity, our team develops unique solutions for our clients that integrate people, materials, equipment, and information in productive ways. Our professionals deliver convenient, integrated, and practical solutions to complex industrial problems. Comprised of industry process experts, engineers, architects, as well as occupational health and safety professionals, we provide career opportunities as unique as you are.
A key factor in the success of the Civic | Industrial Studio has been our commitment to a fully integrated A/E design approach in which our team - made up of the client, operators, stakeholders, and Stantec – share ideas and information freely and communicate decisions and direction quickly and effectively. The Studio is made up of all key disciplines: architecture, industrial, structural, mechanical, electrical, civil, and project management. This approach provides us with a better overall understanding of the challenges and opportunities inherent in our projects, and our clients benefit from the robust, integrated design solutions that are developed and delivered. The Industrial Engineering team is a key factor to the success of the studio, performing the front-end studies to understand our clients’ operations, define future requirements, and develop efficient processes as a basis for the facility design work.
Our clients come from manufacturing, food & beverage, transit, municipal, and, warehousing/distribution/logistics, and national defense sectors. Some of our project types include new construction and renovation of:
- Warehouses, Distribution Centres, Fulfillment Centres, and Parcel Sortation Facilities
- Vehicle maintenance facilities for light rail, heavy rail, bus, fleet, mining, etc.
- Component manufacturing and assembly facilities
- Food processing facilities
- Aircraft hangars
- Staff support facilities for the above facility types
- Other industrial facilities
Your role as a senior contributor, and as a leader of a team, or project, on our professional consulting services team, is to work independently on large projects of high complexity, to manage the design requirements and meet scope and schedule obligations, identifying out of scope items to manage budget, through all phases of a project lifecycle on many exciting projects. Our Civic and Industrial Studio regularly works with clients across various sectors, including: transit and rail, ports and marine, water and wastewater, food and beverage, manufacturing, warehouse and logistics, and Federal, Provincial, and Municipal governments.
You may lead the development of integrated proposals using your specialized knowledge of electrical systems, means and methods, materials, and industry standards while leading and mentoring others and collaborating with team members to contribute to the final deliverables.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for large projects of high complexity.
- Evaluates, selects, specifies, and engineers all electrical engineered systems or products for a project.
- Engages in the development of a design through sketches, electronic models, diagrams, and other visual formats.
- Utilizes BIM technologies in the development of three-dimensional models of building’s electrical systems and provides markups for junior engineers.
- Prepares and revises documentation in various electrical phases including site plans, floor plans, diagrams, and details.
- Leads project coordination meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants, owner and contractor, sub-contractors, and vendors.
- Participates in client project requirement meetings, value analysis, and basic cost estimating.
- Leads the preparation and coordination of the project specifications with construction documents.
- Participates in constructability review.
- Conducts quality assurance and quality control on own projects and projects of peers.
- Assists in the development of new standards and specifications for the electrical group.
- Develops project scope, budgets, and design approach for all sizes of projects.
- Assists with the development of proposals for smaller, less complex projects.
- Oversees and manages multiple projects.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Requisite knowledge and application of Canadian Electrical Code and applicable building and energy codes.
- General understanding of all phases of project document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications.
- Strong knowledge of electrical systems, means and methods, materials, and industry standards.
- Ability to check the work of others for accuracy and completeness and manage time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Thorough understanding of electrical engineering concepts and ability to effectively communicate ideas to others.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Presentation and interview skills are preferred.
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, Revit, AutoCAD; Prefer experience with AGI 32, Visual Lighting Software, SKM, Newforma.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in Electrical Engineering & Licensed Professional Engineer. Minimum of 10 - 12 years of experience. LEED Green Associate or LEED AP preferred.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Job : Electrical Engineer
Organization : BC-1156 Buildings-CA British Columbia
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Mar 28, 2022, 10:30:12 AM
Req ID: 210002DH
Vaccine Policy: Stantec requires some positions in North America to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to reasonable accommodation to the extent required by law because of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans