Industrial Electrical EIT
City : VANCOUVER
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Industrial Electrical EIT - ( 220003C1 )
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that did not Ahave to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
The Vancouver Civic | Industrial Studio offers services for all phases of the project lifecycle, from pre-project planning through to detailed design for engineering analysis studies and construction documents for capital investment projects. This is where great ideas and rewarding careers are built. Exercising creativity and ingenuity, our team develops unique solutions for our clients that integrate people, materials, equipment, and information in productive ways. Our professionals deliver convenient, integrated, and practical solutions to complex industrial problems. Comprised of industry process experts, engineers, architects, as well as occupational health and safety professionals, we provide career opportunities as unique as you are.
A key factor in the success of the Civic | Industrial Studio has been our commitment to a fully integrated A/E design approach in which our team – made up of the client, operators, stakeholders, and Stantec – share ideas and information freely and communicate decisions and direction quickly and effectively. The Studio is made up of all key disciplines: architecture, industrial, structural, mechanical, electrical, civil, and project management. This approach provides us with a better overall understanding of the challenges and opportunities inherent in our projects, and our clients benefit from the robust, integrated design solutions that are developed and delivered. The Industrial Engineering team is a key factor in the success of the Studio, performing the front-end studies to understand our clients' operations, define future requirements, and develop efficient processes as a basis for the facility design work.
Our clients come from manufacturing, food & beverage, transit, municipal, warehousing/distribution/logistics, and national defense sectors. Some of our project types include new construction and renovation of:
- Warehouses, distribution centres, fulfillment centres, and parcel sortation facilities
- Vehicle maintenance facilities for light rail, heavy rail, bus, fleet, and mining operations
- Component manufacturing and assembly facilities
- Food processing facilities
- Aircraft hangars
- Staff support facilities for the above facility types
- Other industrial facilities
You will work with close guidance and supervision on tasks and as a team member of projects under the guidance of a Senior Engineer/Designer. You will assist in evaluating, selecting, specifying, and engineering certain electrical power and lighting systems or products for projects verifying compliance with applicable codes and internal.
engineering standards / practices. You will perform a variety of tasks which may include Revit design, calculations, and field work.
Your Key Responsibilities are:
- Conducting basic interpretations of drawings, codes, and other similar materials.
- Performing Revit design for the electrical discipline using knowledge of relevant software programs.
- Working with architectural, interior, and other engineering disciplines in coordinating the project under the direction of a senior engineer/ designer.
- Performing field work as directed by a senior engineer/ designer.
- Performing basic calculations to analyze and design individual building electrical system components using company standard software and proprietary manufacturer software.
- Assisting with engineering duties on projects of various complexity.
- Assisting with collecting data and gathering information to support design decisions.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the senior engineering staff.
Your Capabilities and Credentials are:
- Basic understanding of Revit and AutoCAD, and their use of it as a drafting/design tool.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in a project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Basic understanding of electrical engineering concepts and the ability to effectively communicate ideas to others.
- Ability to interpret sketches, drawings, building programs and other similar material.
- Ability to take direction, follow the process and accept feedback and suggestions from senior engineers/designers.
- Understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, Revit, AutoCAD; Prefer experience with AGI 32, Visual Lighting Software, SKM, and Newforma.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
Co-op/internship experience preferred.
Registered (or eligible) EIT.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements, including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee, and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and impact the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Job : Electrical Engineer - EIT
Organization : BC-1156 Buildings-CA British Columbia
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Oct 13, 2022, 8:01:47 AM
Req ID: 220003C1
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans