Industrial Buildings Architect
City : WATERLOO
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Industrial Buildings Architect - ( 21000328 )
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
Our Southern Ontario office is seeking a Senior Architect with project and design team management, and preferably business development skills, to join our multidisciplinary team. Strong consideration will be given to candidates who possess, or can develop, the necessary skills to become an Associate or higher leadership position.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Provide expertise in the design of buildings with an expertise in industrial buildings.
- Provide architectural design leadership at all stages of the design.
- Lead in the development of designs through sketches, physical models, digital models, diagrams, massing studies, and other visual formats.
- Supervise and develop an architectural team with approximately 4-6 staff with varying levels of experience.
- Identify Projects’ multi-discipline design needs, establish priorities, document design decisions and information flows.
- Facilitate design charettes with clients to develop facility flows, programming requirements and spatial adjacencies.
- Coordinate multidisciplinary project teams and designs.
- Coordinate delivery of Project designs to guidelines established in the Design Management Plans.
- Lead the preparation of deliverables at all project phases.
- Support Stantec policies on safety, quality control, and overall project delivery.
- Help lead the continued development of our architectural in-house expertise and methodologies.
- Regularly seek continuing education opportunities to increase knowledge base.
- Keep project team well informed of changes and updates.
- Effectively communicate relevant project information with Project Managers, Team Leads, and Office Leadership.
- Develop and maintain client relationships and form new relationships.
- Identify business development and additional service opportunities for all Stantec disciplines as they relate to a specific project, program, or client.
- Deliver engaging, formative, well-organized presentations both verbally and in writing.
- Work with the other key staff on new Industrial Buildings opportunities. Develops “win” strategies prior to RFP release.
- Engage in client contact, proposal preparation and preparation of and participation in client interviews.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Ability to lead multi-disciplined teams, with minimal supervision.
- Capability in design, technical and construction detailing.
- Strong understanding of zoning bylaws, Ontario Building Code and National Building Code.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to cross collaborate with various Industrial studios in Stantec offices across Canada and the United States.
- Experience in, and comfort with, leading all aspects of the project development cycle from briefing and preparing fee proposals to substantial performance.
- Proven business development record and ability to help position for future industrial projects/clients.
- Ability to work in our Waterloo office on a regular basis, and visit our Markham or downtown Toronto offices and teams when required (subject to COVID-19 restrictions).
Education and Experience
- Degree in Architecture. Registered Architect and OAA registration preferred.
- Minimum 10-15 years of experience in designing industrial buildings.
- Project management and design management experience is an asset.
- Experience in leading projects in a multi-discipline BIM environment.
Your work environment would be a typical professional office space. You would work with computers, in meeting rooms, and at workstations and remain stationary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee, and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Job : Architect
Organization : BC-1400 Buildings-CA Ontario GTA
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Dec 12, 2021, 8:17:51 PM
Req ID: 21000328
Vaccine Policy: Stantec requires some positions in North America to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to reasonable accommodation to the extent required by law because of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans