Indigenous Relations Representative
City : Vancouver, BC
Category : Full time Business Development
Industry : Construction
Employer : Ledcor Group
Job Summary:Ledcor is seeking an Indigenous Relations Representative to join the Indigenous Affairs team. You will work with Ledcor leadership, internal Shared Services, and project teams to foster and maintain a strong relationship between Ledcor and Indigenous communities. You will support in the implementation of Strategic and Tactical planning for all functions and activities attributed to the Indigenous Affairs Team. You are a team player and willing to learn the business acumen to support all Ledcor’s diverse businesses. We provide a competitive total compensation package, excellent training, benefits, RSP's and career growth potential with advancement opportunities within our diversified company.
Come join our True Blue team today!
- Supports the Indigenous Affairs team in engagement efforts with Indigenous communities in alignment with corporate goals and objects
- Gathers research of historical and current facts on communities and identifies key contacts
- Engages communities to determine their needs and capacity for project participation
- Understands and works within the Client’s expectations and commitments to the community
- Assists with recruitment of site-specific skills from the Indigenous community
- Assists the Indigenous Relations Manager with day-to-day tasks associated with the Indigenous Affairs strategy across the company
- Supports the Indigenous Affairs team’s implementation of its short and long term Strategic and Tactical Plan
- Supports the Proposals team with technical writing, editing, and graphic design regarding Indigenous engagement, where needed
- Experience as an Indigenous Relations Liaison, or a similar role
- Degree/Diploma in Communications and/or Indigenous Studies
- Strong technical writing
- Strong computer skills with MS Office, InDesign, and Adobe
- Project / Construction experience will be considered an asset
- Experience building positive relationships with Indigenous communities and organizations in in British Columbia and across Canada
- Strong business acumen and construction industry knowledge will be considered an asset
The Ledcor Group of Companies is one of North America’s most diversified construction companies. Ledcor is a company built on a rich history of long-standing project successes.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.