Indigenous Inclusion Specialist
City : Saskatoon
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Indigenous Inclusion Specialist - ( 230001ZI )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our 22,000 team members in over 400 locations worldwide are vital to making our Company stronger.
The Indigenous Inclusion Specialist will support Stantec’s Buildings and Environmental Services Canadian Business Operating Units. This position reports to the Vice President, Indigenous Business and Relations, with dotted line reporting to Buildings and Environmental Services Leadership.
The Indigenous Inclusion Specialist will support business developers and project teams with all aspects of Indigenous inclusion for proposals and project execution. This will include development of Indigenous Participation Plans, or equivalent, for proposals, including identifying opportunities for training, employment and contracting on projects we are bidding. This position will conduct research into local Indigenous business capacity in regions identified for strategic pursuits and will communicate with and evaluate these local businesses for inclusion in our projects. Working with project teams, this position will assist with prequalifying Indigenous businesses to work with Stantec, work with local Indigenous communities to identify prospective candidates for training and employment and assist with the hiring and onboarding process for project-related employment.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of building and delivering successful Indigenous inclusion programs preferably for clients in the natural resource sector, the federal sector and clients we work with in our buildings practice.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Supports the opportunity pursuit process by identifying requirements for Indigenous inclusion, provides guidance on how to differentiate Stantec in this area and maximize proposal scoring related to inclusion.
- During project execution, supports implementation of all aspects of the Indigenous Participation Plan, including training, hiring and contracting. If Indigenous cultural awareness training specific to the project area is an element of the plan, provide guidance on appropriate providers, in concert with the Indigenous Relations team.
- Works collaboratively with Stantec’s teaming partners to build Indigenous Participation Plans that work for both organizations and across project phases.
- Works with Stantec’s Indigenous Partnerships team to identify strategic relationships with Indigenous communities that could be beneficial for medium to long range opportunities.
- Works creatively and collaboratively with Stantec teams to identify opportunities that advance inclusion in professional services aspects of Stantec’s work, including creating opportunities for shadowing and mentoring Indigenous youth.
- May support development of Indigenous participation plans for our clients’ projects as a whole.
- Partners with key internal stakeholders to implement strategies and recommendations to continually strengthen Indigenous inclusion in a manner that promotes collaboration and transparency with Indigenous communities and the company.
- Participates in informing Stantec’s Indigenous relations strategies related to Indigenous inclusion.
- Creates and maintains effective working relationships with Stantec business developers, client account managers and project teams working on projects and initiatives with Indigenous components.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- In-depth knowledge of the history and present-day context of Indigenous Peoples in Canada, including governments and organizations.
- Experience with Indigenous knowledge systems and worldviews.
- Demonstrated experience in Indigenous Participation Plan development, implementation and management, along with strong communication and interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work within a collaborative environment.
- Experience working with Indigenous businesses, community members, governments, and organizations.
- Must possess a high level of integrity and personal accountability.
- Must possess strong facilitative, negotiation, influencing, written communication and presentation skills.
- Must demonstrate good judgement, ability to deal with complex and sensitive issues, and communicate and collaborate effectively.
Education and Experience
- Successful candidates in this position may come from a variety of academic backgrounds.
- A 4-year university degree with 8 years’ related experience with two or more years in a professional consulting context OR a technical diploma/certification with extensive years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Candidates with less applicable experience may be considered at a different level.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for periods of time. Travel to Indigenous communities, to Stantec offices in other regions, and attendance at conferences and events may be required.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Other Locations : Canada-British Columbia-Kelowna, Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver, Canada-Saskatchewan-Regina, Canada, Canada-Ontario-Markham, Canada-Ontario-Thunder Bay, Canada-Ontario-Ottawa, Canada-Alberta-Edmonton, Canada-Ontario-North Bay, Canada-Saskatchewan-Saskatoon, Canada-Ontario-Mississauga
Organization : BC-1235 EnvSvcs-CA Alberta
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : May 24, 2023, 12:38:50 PM
Req ID: 230001ZI
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans