Indigenous Education and Partnership Coordinator: I/O (June 2022 – May 2024)
City : Hamilton
Category : Full-Time Support
Industry : Education
Employer : Mohawk College
Status: Initiatives & Opportunities (June 2022 - May 2024)
Hours: Monday to Friday, 35 hours/week
Home Campus: Fennell
Pay Band: G
Rate of Pay: $30.56
Posting Date: June 13th, 2022
Closing Date: June 30th, 2022 at 7:00pm EST
Please be advised that according to Support Staff Collective Agreement Article 17.1, Internal Full Time Support Staff will be given first consideration for five (5) days from the date of this posting. Preference will be given to qualified regular Full Time employees within the Full Time Support Staff bargaining unit at Mohawk College. Should a suitable candidate not be found, external candidates will be considered.
We support and encourage the contributions of our diverse employees.
Supported by a new strategic plan (strategicplan.mohawkcollege.ca/) we are committed to nurturing an equitable, diverse and inclusive environment for everyone who learns and works at Mohawk. We believe the rich diversity among our students and the communities we serve should be reflected within our workforce. As educators we believe it is important to act and show leadership in advancing the principles of equity, diversity and inclusion in our community.
Mohawk College is currently recruiting for our next
Indigenous Education and Partnership Coordinator
Reporting in the Manger of Indigenous Education (IE), the incumbent provides operational support to the education team and is responsible for special project processes. It is expected that the incumbent will be the department subject matter expert on financial processes and documentation in accordance to the financial college policies.
The incumbent is responsible for coordinating the administrative & academic procedures with regards to short-term programming, external partnerships and Indigenous Education programs, especially for the short-term projects, including the Global Skills Opportunities process and logistics planning for faculty/student educational & land-based trips abroad. This includes project management for project lifecycle of all education projects and programs.
The incumbent will oversee the 2+2 summer academic transition support to receiving universities liaising with various stakeholders (Registrar’s Office, faculty leads, Indigenous partnerships etc.).
The incumbent will oversee records management, office system management, office supply inventory and ordering and is a key point of contact for students, program faculty and staff, and internal and external stakeholders for Indigenous Education.
The duties of this position will include, but are not limited to:
Supports the Financial Process Within the Education Office
- Tracks progress and assists in the preparation of project mid-year reporting utilizing spreadsheets to track budgets, dates, and other information
- Manages P-Card reconciliations for IE manager
- Adapts, maintains records and recommends procedures for audit purposes related to IE project activity
- Provides management team with quarterly reporting on departmental and externally funded budgets within FAST SUITE
- Supports and tracks financial processes such as; PO creation, invoice processing, honorariums, contracts, and internal transfers
- Responsible for implementing payment/invoice requirements and monitoring of rental agreements with Mohawk and external partner
- Communicate with financial analyst during peak budget times
- Process, and monitor eway accounts and transactions
Contributes Knowledge and Skills to the Effective and Successful Administration of Specially Funded Programs & Projects Administered by Indigenous Education
- Coordinate, collects, and tracks milestone data in order to ensure that projects are running according to deadlines to mitigate risk of a project
- Collect and report on departmental deliverables for internal and external stakeholders, including government agencies and professional organizations
- Monitors the lifecycles of special education projects including tracking proposals, project timelines and assists project leads with operational activities within the scope of the project
- Act as first point of contact and navigates collaboration opportunities with internal departments
- Tracks and monitors departmental inventory and gifts
- Act as first point of contact for contractors/visitors and provides details such as campus maps, parking instructions and escorts as required
Global Partnership Project-Trip Team
- Assisting with booking and managing trip logistics (e.g. flights, airport transportation, guard me insurance) for Global Experience trips
- International travel required to navigate logistics and accommodations for the travel team
- Managing trip budgets, and ensuring stakeholders are meeting budget targets
- Keeping outbound trip team on track with project milestones.
- Keep process, waivers, proposal forms and website resources up to date.
- Ensuring post-trip reports and presentations are complete
- Work in collaboration with the Global Learning Support team
Support Academic Partnerships
- Supports the SNP partnership program Guide and updates content as required to support efficient and relevant SOP’s and contact information
- Short-term operational support for process’s that are in development for long-term solutions such as grade entries in FAST SUITE
- Support academic transition activities and support for the 2+2 program in partnership with Liberal Studies Indigenous Education and Partnership Specialist
Coordination of the Indigenous Knowledge Learning Outcomes
- Act as a first point of contact for Indigenous education-IKLO & programming and presentation inquiries
- Assists with the IKLO developmental and consultation process
- Is the main point of contact for community agencies or outside partners related to room bookings, including reviewing and coordinating all room request inquiries received through the online booking form; confirming space or rental needs including dates, times, services required
- Track, monitor and coordinate the IKLO faculty support requests
Virtual Learning Support
- Coordinate content updates within Virtual Learning Basket
- Coordinate special virtual learning events
- Develop student engagement and enrolment reports
- Track, monitor and respond to student discussions posts as required
Other duties as assigned.
The successful applicant must have:
- A two-year postsecondary education in Business/Office Administration or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of three years of practical experience.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint), Internet, email; and ideally all aspects of Banner (Finance, HR, Student Records, and Course Information),Canvas and FAST Suite. Accounting/Bookkeeping experience is also required, including a knowledge of College financial processes, and experience in an Academic/Administrative area.
- Exceptional customer service experience is a must. Indigenous community experience/relationship building is essential. Position requires highly developed communications skills to discuss and resolve problems, prepare documents and reports.
- Project management skills that include organizing, multi-tasking, prioritizing and meeting deadlines.
- Practical experience in related field, preferably in a logistic/project coordinator environment with heavy emphasis on customer service, event coordination and systems. Working in an office environment with demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Working in a time sensitive deadline driven environment with an elevated attention to detail.
- Working independently and in a team environment. Experience in a similar setting, coordinating teams and projects with diverse groups
- Demonstrated commitment and understanding of human rights, equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace. This would include experience communicating and working effectively with diverse clients and colleagues.
As an equal opportunity employer, Mohawk College endeavours to create an inclusive, barrier free recruitment and selection process for all applicants. We encourage you to contact the HR department at (905) 575 - 2047 for your accommodation needs.
Mohawk College is strongly committed to diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons, women, Indigenous People of North America, persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQIA+ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.