Inbound Fraud Advisor (Bilingual French & English) – May Start Date – Tangerine
City : Moncton, NB, CA
Category : Business and Financial Operations
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 176466
Tangerine is Canada’s leading direct bank. We offer flexible and accessible banking options, innovative products, and award-winning Client service. The reason why Tangerine employees come to work each day is to help Canadians live better lives. We focus on making a difference in our communities, and that includes our own internal community. It’s important to us that our employees feel empowered and enthusiastic about belonging to our Orange culture.
As Canada’s leading digital bank, Tangerine technology is at the heart of everything we do. We have redefined what digital banking is, and we continue to evolve to tackle any opportunity and face every challenge through progressive technology and the power of collaboration.
Do you like new challenges? Are you ready to reach new heights in your career and become part of an established disruptor? If so, come join us and help redefine the Canadian banking landscape!
Contributes to the overall success of the Fraud Operations in Ottawa, Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. We are hiring for shifts that are 10:00 AM-6:00PM Tuesday to Saturday, and Sunday to Thursday.
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Investigates questionable credit card activity; provides service upon receipt of inbound customer contact and blocks accounts from further fraudulent activity.
• Report and escalate any fraud trends/activities evidenced through customer conversations directly to management team
• Share information on trends to ensure large scale fraud trends are identified and actioned quick
• Communicate with branches and other Bank departments to resolve inquiries relative to fraud issues and/or complaints
• In the event of a large-scale fraud attack, working effectively with the team to identify the potential points of compromise as quickly as possible and getting other Scotiabank cards at risk identified and action taken before fraudulent activity occurs
• Support the Bank’s annual Fraud Plan, and business objectives for the department by achieving and maintaining required service level standards
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct, and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
• Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Education / Experience / Other Information (include only those that are specific to the role)
• Utilization of active listening skills and appropriate acknowledgment statements
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Proven interpersonal, communication and problem resolution skills
• Ability to navigate between multiple applications/systems
• Strong critical thinker with good verbal and written communication skills
• Previous Retail Banking and / or Advice/Call Centre experience is an asset
• Working knowledge of the application systems that support debit/credit card and alternate delivery channel products including TSYS, AS400, PRM, etc.
• Working knowledge of basic PC applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Lotus Notes, etc.)
• Requires a high school diploma or equivalent; post-secondary education in business or other related disciplines is as asset.
• Bilingualism is required as this is a customer-facing role.
• Customer Service experience required, preferable in financial services industry.
What's in it for you?
• You will be part of a diverse and inclusive team of Client-focused go-getters looking to learn from each other in an environment that celebrates and recognizes success!
• You will have access to thousands of online and in person courses so you can shape your career growth with the support from diverse industry leaders.
• You will get our help to save for your future and to invest in your total wellbeing through our Tangerine benefits*.
• You belong here, we are equal and un-complicated. Bring your true self to work, dress codes don’t apply here.
• You will enjoy workspace flexibility and all the excitement that comes from working at the official Bank of the Toronto Raptors.
*Tangerine employees participate in Scotiabank’s pension & benefits programs (available to permanent employees)
Location(s): Canada : New Brunswick : Moncton
At Tangerine we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the team, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know.