In-Store Systems Business Data Analyst
City : St. Jacobs, Ontario, Canada
Category : Operations
Industry : Retail
Employer : Home Hardware
As we move forward with the implementation of our new in-store system across Canada, we are looking for skilled individuals in data analysis and data quality management, with the ability to collaborate cross functionally with IT to analyze and interpret data to support business strategies.
What you’ll do:
- Analyze data from legacy store systems, ensuring data integrity and quality are aligned with the Data Governance strategies and policies.
- Perform data analysis using algorithms, reports, or any other methods and provide detail of specified data.
- Monitor data quality, identify data issues and work with IT and business partners to resolve them.
- Prepare reports and presentations regarding data issues within the store systems to IT and business partners.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of data analysis processes.
- Regularly communicate with the Data Governance team to provide updates, suggestions, and modifications to support Data Governance.
- Conduct reviews on system data to recommend modifications to optimize the data once loaded into our store system.
- Work with the IT business partners to ensure Store System Data is being used efficiently and effectively to support the Business’ objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Information Management, or Data Management.
- Three to five years’ experience in data analysis, data validation, data quality control, and data quality management.
- Knowledge of terminology used in the hardware / building materials industry, and experience with in-store systems.
- Demonstrates competency in understanding and correcting data discrepancies, reading and translating data models, data querying, and identifying data anomalies and root cause analysis.
- Establishes good working relationships with IT and supporting the governance structure to ensure on-going data accuracy and completeness.
- Ability to develop and consistently apply business rules.
- Attention to detail, with strong problem-solving skill with the ability to act on solutions.
- Strong systems and coding experience. Experience with Excel, Visio, Access, Power BI, Database Management fundamentals, SQL, R, Python.
- Good numerical analytical ability.
- Understand and be able to apply conflict management practices looking for a win / win solution.
- Competitive Salary.
- Annual Incentive/Bonus Program.
- Comprehensive Benefits Program including:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Paramedical, Disability Coverage, Out of Country Travel Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Family Assistance Program.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with Company Match, and choice of contribution level.
- Group RRSP.
- Discount from our corporate retail stores.
- WorkPerks© by Venngo discounts.
- Home & Auto Insurance discounts.
- 3-weeks’ vacation to start.
- Personal and sick time.
Home Hardware recognizes the value of a diverse team. We believe that different perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences make us stronger as an organization. Applicants representing the full diversity of communities in Canada are encouraged to apply with confidence. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.