In Home Technician – Prince George (Freedom Mobile)
City : Prince George
Category : Full-time
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Shaw
A little about us
What we do at Shaw matters - in a world where being connected has never been more critical, we bring the best wireline and wireless technology and solutions together to create exceptional customer experiences. Every day we help millions of Canadians live their best-connected lives through the strength, capacity and combined power of our Fast LTE and Fibre+ networks. At Shaw we say we’re brighter together, and we believe it’s the diverse mix of brilliant people here that really makes us shine. When you join our team, you’ll see we are so much more than just a company. Shaw connects you with limitless opportunity, an incredible culture, career development and a great benefits package. We are a friendly, collaborative group, and we have a lot of fun finding new ways to delight our customers.Come dream bigger and brighter with Shaw.
Our Consumer Operations team is hiring in (location)! As an In Home Technician, you’ll provide an exceptional customer experience to Shaw customers while installing and servicing our products. As the face of this experience, you’ll leverage your outstanding customer service skills, technical aptitude, and passion for learning to build lasting connections with our customers.
• Unit based compensation - your income will be based on pre-determined rates for each service call and work order completed, and will vary depending on how much you do and how entrepreneurial you are;
• Comprehensive health & dental benefits (+ optional investment, savings plans, and more);
• Incredible employee discounts on Shaw services, referral bonuses, opportunities to test products and major corporate discounts;
• An opportunity to develop your career at a company invested in your professional growth o We mean it. We’re serious about your development! Not only will we provide comprehensive training, you’ll have the opportunity to springboard your career here at Shaw.
A typical day
As an In Home Technician, you will:
• Install and service Internet, Video, Digital Phone, and Home Entertainment equipment and services for our customers;
• Demonstrate, promote and sell the features, advantages, and benefits of Shaw’s products and services;
• Respond to and resolve customer service issues independently, partnering with other team members as required to ensure one-call resolution;
• Exchange and collect Shaw equipment to ensure our products are performing at efficient and optimal levels;
• Maintain accurate inventory information for equipment;
• Ensure all work orders are coded accurately and submitted in a timely manner;
• Provide exceptional customer service, representing Shaw in a positive and professional manner in the community.
• Minimum Grade 12 education.
• Experience in customer service and customer-facing environment;
• Previous experience working in trades (carpentry or electrical) and the ability to work with hand tools and power tools, would be an asset but not a requirement;
• Ability to perform work safely in all types of conditions, both indoor and outdoor;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a customer-focused approach that enables you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity;
• Highly self-motivated, passionate about technology, and willing to learn and adapt;
• Ability to problem-solve in the moment and a strong attention to detail;
• Ability to possess and maintain appropriate tools and equipment to perform the duties;
• Maintenance of a valid provincial driver’s license and the ability to produce an annual driver’s abstract;
• Requirement to possess and maintain a vehicle that meets Shaw’s specifications, insurance requirements and safety standards;
• The ability to perform all aspects of job including climb/carry ladders and poles, lift/move heavy objects, work in a crouched position and confined spaces.
•This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check
• We provide services for our customers 7 days a week, so you must be able to work various shifts including evenings, weekends, and statutory holidays.
At Shaw, we believe diversity and inclusion are integral to the continued growth and success of our entire company. We believe diversity and inclusion enhances our Company’s culture and creates a sense of belonging where people feel comfortable bringing their true selves to work. This in turn promotes innovation through harnessing the variety of experiences, thoughts, and perspectives our employees have to offer. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, age, or any other identifying characteristic.
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.