IMS Core Network Specialist
City : Montreal, Quebec
Category : Technology
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Bell
As the largest high-tech team in Canada, Network and Technology Services builds cutting edge fibre and 5G networks that drive how Canadians connect with each other and the world! Our team is at the forefront of developing Bell’s leading products and services: Fibe TV and Internet, Wireless, Smart Home, cloud, security and IoT. We enable the delivery of the best content from Crave, TSN/RDS, iHeart Radio and dozens of other leading media properties to our customers any time, on any device.
The Bell Network team is on a journey to transform how Bell delivers the best customer experience with seamless access to a software-driven and cloud-based ecosystem of products, services and content. This transformation is about simplifying, virtualizing and automating the network transport and services to lower costs and increase agility to deploy Bell services.
At the heart of our network is the Core Network and Infrastructure teams. Our vision: Be recognized as the Best Wireless Network (Voice and Data) in Canada. Nothing less!
We are a powerful mix of infrastructure, networking, security, storage, cloud computing, software development experts, supported by a crew of scrum masters and senior managers.
Our squad’s mandate is to design, engineer and operate a reliable and highly available virtual IMS Core network infrastructure that is keeping Bell’s Wireless and Wireline customers connected across Canada.
We’re looking for strong Openstack/Linux systems administrators with a thirst to learn how to apply your expertise/knowledge to the development and operations of a Mobile Core Network in a Cloud/Virtual environment.
If you love…
- Learning new technologies, our team is constantly evolving and looking at new technologies to improve our telecom and cloud infrastructures.
- Learning about telecom and how to evolve legacy bare-metal telecom network to new virtual telecom network on cloud infrastructure.
- Complex problems in a complex network; we support 3G, 4G and now 5G call flows!
- Community; ours is awesome. You will interact with SME’s in a complex Agile environment across different domains in wireless network. Work in an open and flexible space (from home and from office) and participate in daily scrums from different projects.
- Connecting with people from other fields. You will bridge different business units and collaborate with many teams to provide the best core network services.
And you want to…
- Sharpen your skills with the latest technologies, with access to vast resources
- Embody and advocate a culture of quality
- Paint the path to services implementation through elegant architecture
- Contribute to an on-demand and self-serve organisation
- Openly expose problems and turn them into learning and team bonding experiences
- Put the interest of the team first
…then we want to get to know you!
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Core Network Operations & Support – IMS Squad, the successful candidate will be responsible for provide 3rd level support for the Wireless IMS Core Network.
- Actively contribute to improve and automate the deployment or operations of the telecom applications on cloud/virtual/containerized infrastructure (vIMS), without compromising the security and the reliability
- Contribute to the standardization and automation of the infrastructure and its deployments; challenge status quo and drive change initiatives
- Support internal teams on technical issues with IMS Core Network Applications or troubleshooting sessions.
- Participate, as Core Network SME, in ad-hoc Special Projects with Wireless Technology and Engineering teams for network integrations and launch of new services.
- Working hours are generally regular Monday-Friday 8:30am-5pm; however evenings and weekends may be required for special events and business requirements (on-call rotation).
We are seeking:
- 3+ years of technical operation experience as an advanced Linux Systems Administrator.
- Strong technical or operation experience in Openstack or Cloud infrastructure administration
- Familiar with devops methodologies and technologies
- Strong aptitude to recognize opportunities for improvement in day-to-day work and take appropriate actions
- High attention to detail and strong packet-level troubleshooting abilities are strong-asset must for this role.
- Experience with common network protocols (i.e. SIP, TCP/UDP,etc.).
- Strong understanding of fundamental IP Network and routing Protocols: TCP, SCTP, UDP, OSPF, BGP.
- Expertise in software development and application development with Python and Ansible.
- Expertise with Linux based operating systems
- Team player who always put the interest of the team above all other priorities
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills with a strong attention to details
- Excellent communication (verbal/written), time management, and project management skills.
If you have one of the following, it’s even better:
- Linux (RHCSA, RHCE) and Network (CCNA, JNCIS) certifications are strong assets.
- Familiarity with scripting (Perl, Bash, Python), and database manipulation (SQL, mySQL) are strong assets.
- Knowledge of Openshift
- Agile / Lean / Six Sigma experience
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Alberta : Calgary || Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver || Canada : Ontario : Etobicoke || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 08/19/2022
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, ON, Mississauga
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.