Immunizations Digital Innovation and Strategy, Co-op
City : Toronto, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Pharmacy
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants must not apply directly to this role. All referred applicants must use their unique referral link generated when they are referred by an existing colleague.
Location:243 Consumers Road, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 4W8
At Shoppers Drug Mart, we’re innovating health and wellness in Canada. From prescriptions to walk-in clinics, and a beloved loyalty program, we’re caring and supporting our customers in new ways every day.
With more than 1,300 locally owned and operated stores from coast to coast, the Shoppers Drug Mart network is more than a great place to shop, it’s a great place to work. We’re committed to building our talented team who champion collaboration, kindness and inclusivity. Join our team, and help recognize a healthy future for your career and for all Canadians.
Why this role is important?
Term Length: 4 months
Term Start: Sept 11th, 2023
Term End: Dec 15th, 2023
*COVID Vaccination Status / Return to Office*:
COVID-19 is a serious condition and has had a devastating impact on Canadians and others across the globe. As a leading Health and Wellness provider for millions of Canadians, our goal is to help all Canadians "Live Life Well".
As of March 2022 Loblaw has adopted the following Hybrid working model (a combination of working between the office and remotely). Colleagues will continue working remotely up to 2 days a week, while spending the other 3 days in the office.
Immunizations/Vaccinations Business, Digital Health, and Healthcare Strategy and Development, Co-op
Take ownership and find more ways to care about our local store owners in a career at Shoppers Drug Mart Central Office / Store Support. Provide great service, specific expertise and actionable advice to support Associate-Owners and their staff in delivering the best health, beauty and convenience services to Canadians.
You will be accountable for supporting the development of the Immunization business strategy and digital patient journey for Shoppers Drug Mart and Loblaw Pharmacies.
Make an Impact:
- With 1300+ Shoppers Drug Marts and 500+ Loblaws Pharmacies, your work will touch a vast network of our pharmacies and their communities
- Help keep Canadians and their loved ones healthy by supporting the enablement of a robust digital patient journey for Canadians to access their immunizations
- Help develop programs that will support public health measures in our communities across Canada
What will you learn?
- Learn how to collaborate amongst cross functional teams to create and develop our immunization business, accessing healthcare strategy, and digital patient journey
- Learn how to project manage and execute a complex program that is coast to coast and is implemented in our vast network of pharmacies
- Whether its pharmacy, business, healthcare, or something in between, learn how your specific skill set can enhance a diverse team in building out our Immunization business strategy and related digital patient journey map
You will be accountable for supporting with planning, development and execution of our Immunization business strategy and related digital patient journey across our store network and digital ecosystem. In this role, you will build on a strong foundation of existing program assets to make Shoppers Drug Mart and Loblaw Pharmacies the destination for Canadians to receive their immunization needs. This role also has responsibility to deliver program health outcomes, business KPI’s and continuous process improvement. You will work collaboratively with cross functional teams to assess priorities, clarify risks and issues, develop internal stakeholder presentations, and support the day-to-day implementation of the vaccination programs in Shoppers Drug Mart and Loblaw Pharmacies across Canada.
We are hiring a Co-op Student. The role will report to the Director, Pharmacy Services and work very closely with all the Senior Managers and will be supported by cross-functional groups to ensure delivery of the approved strategy, programs and financial plan. Collaborating closely with your peers on vaccine services roadmap and store needs, this role will be instrumental in delivering an exceptional Patient and Pharmacist experience for our immunization efforts.
What You'll Do:
- Support the Pharmacy Services team on services included in our portfolio with a focus on the flu program, and assist on business, professional and technical requirements to secure growth.
- Support the Pharmacy Services team on planning, launching, communicating, analyzing key Pharmacy campaigns, programs, and initiatives. This will involve cross-functional collaboration with marketing, brand partnerships, digital, finance, pharmacy operations, and others.
- Coordinate, draft, and publish Store Communications related to the Pharmacy Services portfolio for all provinces excluding Quebec.
- Support the store level enablement of services related to the Pharmacy Services portfolio.
- Review, update, and maintain all store-level resources on our central repository for the Pharmacy Services portfolio.
- Monitor and report on store-level performance and compliance on various initiatives. Manage province-specific store lists of participation in various programs.
- Use superior PowerPoint, Excel, and written communication skills to create communications and presentations to support the Pharmacy Services team communications with senior leadership, cross-functional team members, operators, and potential internal and external partners.
- Input into the conditions for success, strategy and programs that will position Shoppers Drug Mart and Loblaw Pharmacies as the leaders in healthcare.
- Support the monthly business reporting and financial updates for your portfolio to key stakeholders and the Executive team, including program and patient KPIs.
- Implements process and data optimization as it relates to services in your portfolio.
What You'll Need:
- This position requires an advanced level of initiative, and judgment in order to organize and prioritize tasks, workload and projects.
- Completing Doctor of Pharmacy degree or University degree in Business is an asset.
- Prior work experience in Pharmacy, Healthcare, Business Development, Strategy, and/or Consulting in an asset.
- Ability to build collaborative relationships at all levels of the organization to move projects forward; actively engaging internal and external stakeholders.
- Analytical skills, with the ability to translate data insights into workable solutions. Consistently exercises sound judgement, ability to assimilate information from many different sources and come up with sound strategic options.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable working with ambiguity, ability to multi-task, and work in a fast paced environment
- Project management skills and ability to work with various teams, often in a project lead role and across multiple provinces, detail-oriented with strong planning skills.
- Proficient in the use of Power Point, Excel, Word; experience with product management tools (Confluence, Jira etc.) is an asset.
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a competitive pay program and online learning through Academy.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Temporary (Fixed Term)
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.