iGaming Compliance Assurance Specialist (Governance & Regulatory Assurance)
City : Toronto, ON
Category : See Posting
Industry : Government
Employer : Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario
Position Title: iGaming Compliance Assurance Specialist (Governance and Regulatory Assurance Stream)
Term: Permanent, Full-time
Division/Branch: Operations Division / Technology Regulation and iGaming Compliance Branch
Level: Level 9
Work Location: Head Office, Toronto (Hybrid)
Salary Range: Min: $ 78,561 ($41.68/hr) to Max: $ 98,203 ($52.10/hr)
Application Deadline: October 3, 2023
In the wake of the industry's launch, a new addition to the team will play a pivotal role in propelling the ongoing expansion. Ontario has ushered in a novel era of internet gaming (iGaming), under the vigilant regulation of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO). This oversight guarantees the integrity of both the market and the games while also furnishing the people of Ontario with comprehensive safeguards for consumer protection. If you excel in navigating intricate and ever-changing landscapes, aspire to enact meaningful change, and are thrilled about contributing to the future of iGaming regulation in Ontario, we want to hear from you!
iGaming Compliance Assurance Specialist (Governance and Regulatory Assurance Stream), you will be responsible for assessing the operator’s risk management effectiveness and the strength of their internal controls in meeting the objectives of the iGaming standards.
You will serve as a specialist and conduct compliance assurance and enforcement activities across multiple iGaming operator and supplier entities and deal with multiple iGaming sites. As a team member, you will contribute to the team’s culture, centered on accountability and trust, and embrace team diversity.
Reporting to the Manager, Regulatory Compliance (iGaming), the successful candidate will:
- Act as a key member of AGCO’s modern compliance strategy by effectively assessing regulatory risk to target potential areas of non-compliance.
- Execute compliance assurance activities under AGCO’s regulatory standards and requirements, drawing from a broad scope of knowledge and experience with a variety of compliance techniques.
- Assess clients' iGaming compliance assurance practices that address key regulatory priority areas effectively and efficiently.
- Review the work performed by registrants and assess audit reports, governance/board minutes, etc.
- Assess compliance with regulatory requirements using solid experience in corporate compliance and internal controls.
- Collect evidence of non-compliance to support investigative and enforcement actions against regulated entities.
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement by proactively identifying issues and situations that require attention and engagement to resolve them.
- Embrace a client-centered approach when interacting with external stakeholders to ensure expectations are understood and compliance is met.
- Establish and develop strong trust-based relationships with peers throughout the organization.
- Work collaboratively within a cross-functional team to meet or exceed established performance targets.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Advanced knowledge of audit control reviews and assessment topics to be capable of delivering a range of effective compliance assurance activities, gained through an undergraduate degree level program combined with several years of professional experience and some specialization in the relevant field.
- Knowledge and experience performing auditor’s control reviews and assessments.
- Knowledge and experience in scoping, assessing, collecting evidence, and evaluating control environments with a proven ability to serve as a specialist within this area.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and an investigative mindset.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to comfortably communicate with all levels of management.
- Ability to work independently, with little supervision, and within a team environment.
- Good problem-solving skills and judgement to make sound decisions.
- Willingness to learn other aspects of the iGaming industry/other specialist streams.
- Demonstrated relationship management skills with a proven ability to influence.
- Professional designation and/or certification in a related field such as CISA would be an asset.
- Payments/IT Security experience would be a bonus.
- Knowledge of AGCO regulatory environment and the global iGaming industry will be an asset.
The successful candidate must be eligible to work in Canada and will be subject to a criminal background check.
To apply for this vacancy, please submit your application online at our Careers Webpage at https://www.agco.ca/careers by October 3, 2023.
The AGCO is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer.
The AGCO has the responsibility to lead by example in advancing racial equity and to build a diverse, inclusive, accessible and respectful workplace where every employee has a voice and the opportunity to fully contribute. To this effect, you are encouraged to reflect upon the diversity you would bring to the role within your application including, but not limited to, individuals identifying with one or more of the under-represented groups identified within Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
Disability related accommodation during the recruitment process is available upon request.