City : Vancouver, BC, CA
Category : Account Support
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
At Rogers, the entrepreneurial spirit is part of our DNA. Our Rogers Business teams help foster and grow the Canadian economy by supporting businesses of all sizes. From small to large-scale enterprises, our teams help deliver innovative technology, network services, and a suite of solutions to help them succeed. We offer Canada’s largest and most reliable 5G network for our customers and are proud leaders in wireless private networking and IoT! We continuously expand and evolve our networks, invest in new technology capabilities, and invest in our people to serve our business customers and their communities.
Come play a key role in driving the future of business innovation in Canada. We are looking for team members with a passion for delivering industry-leading value to customers and supporting businesses in the communities where we live and work.
Are you up for the challenge? If so, consider the following opportunity:
Our team in Vancouver BC, is seeking a ICAT Architect, responsible for customer-facing technical and professional services sales support, where you will put into practice your proven ICAT engineering talents in support of our large enterprise, strategic and public sector accounts.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, FS & Construction, you’ll join an energetic team of telecom and business professionals who are passionate about delivering a great customer experience by way of comprehensive solutions design, technology mastery, engaging presentations, and all-around technical thought leadership.
What you’ll be doing:
- You’ll help to identify, and will interface with, key decision makers of current customers and prospects, ranging from IT staff to the C-suite on all sales opportunities for your assigned sales channels
- You’ll leverage your extensive ICAT design experience to create differentiated and fully supportable technical solutions that meet or exceed customer requirements
- As the ‘owner’ of the design, you’ll engage the requisite internal teams to fully assess costs, deliverability and supportability of the solutions, and ensure they’re fully understood by the account team and the prospect
- You’ll meticulously document and advance the solution specifications internally and support downstream service delivery and support
- As a key source of feedback from the field, you’ll regularly deliver structured, succinct and measured insights to internal Strategic & Commercial Management teams responsible for service lifecycle management, as the voice of our customers
- You’ll foster strong relationships with other internal Rogers groups including Network Planning, Transport and Engineering, Service Delivery, and Service Assurance in support of providing a great customer experience
- In support of keeping our team at the forefront of telecommunications’ evolution, you’ll both receive, and deliver, comprehensive formal technical training to/from your peers
What you’ll bring to the role:
- A University degree or technical diploma in Engineering, IT, Computer Science, or related field
- You have 10 years of work experience in the related field
- You’re a strategic and creative thinker, able to both understand the big picture, and dig into the finer details
- A proven record in solution and product positioning, technical writing, communication and presentation
- Ability to persuade, negotiate and sell
- Experience as a primary content contributor for complex RFP documents
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Project, Visio, Sharepoint, Teams, etc.)
- Use of a personal vehicle for business purposes is required
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: No Selection
Work Location: Rogers Tower 1067 West Cordova Street (7854), Vancouver, BC
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
Posting Category/Function: Sales & Account Support
Requisition ID: 295222
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Sales & Marketing