IAM US Compliance and Regulation Specialist (GCS)
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
- Responsible for maintaining the US specific IAM Process models. This role will consult and support the strategic governance of IAM controls covering all aspects of IAM in the US. Responsibilities also include measuring and monitoring the compliance of IAM Processes and support of Audit, Regulatory and Third-Party requests for evidence.
- IAM process model design and maintenance
- Maintains mappings of the US IAM Process Models and supporting material, to RBC Standards and regulatory requirements IAM capabilities:
- Will identify and catalogue potential gaps in implementation of IAM Enterprise services as it relates to RBC Standards in US legal entities.
- Identifies and defines minimum set of business requirements and control points for US business operations.
- IAM process model implementation and support
- Ensures that procedure documents created by operational teams and programs align to Standards and Regulations.
- Reviews the inventory of all current IAM processes and procedures to ensure alignment to Standards and Regulations as changes in operating environment evolve.
- Metrics and Reporting
- Reviews IAM metrics collection from IAM Processes and Procedures and makes recommendations for continual improvement.
- Monitors compliance of IAM Services with American policies and standards.
- Gathers and reports on Key Risk Indicators (KRI) for the US business.
- Audit and Regulatory Request Support
- Represents enterprise IAM in interactions with local US regulators and examiners.
- Provides consultancy services for all American IAM related Audit, Regulatory and third-party requests for evidence.
- Facilitates evidence gathering for all American IAM related Audit, Regulatory and third-party requests for evidence.
- Analyses and forms opinions on all evidence gathered from requests to provide guidance and support to operational, support and project teams as to how to address follow-up questions and potential issues. The Enterprise Architecture team is undertaking multiple complex enterprise-wide initiatives as part of RBC’s ongoing plan to improve technology management and architectural governance across the organization. In this role you will be responsible for strategically planning and managing the successful implementation of the above-mentioned. The role will coordinate, develop, lead, communicate and execute activities to ensure objectives are accomplished according on time.
What will you do?
- Represent enterprise IAM in interactions with local US regulators and examiners.
- Provide consultancy services and facilitates evidence gathering for all American IAM related Audit, Regulatory and third-party requests for evidence.
- Analyse and forms opinions on all evidence gathered from requests to provide guidance and support to operational, support, and project teams as to how to address follow-up questions and potential issues.
- Review IAM metrics collection from IAM Processes and Procedures and makes recommendations for continual improvement.
- Monitor compliance of IAM Services with American policies and standards.
- Gather and report on Key Risk Indicators (KRI) for the US business.
- Maintain mappings of the US IAM Process Models and supporting material, to RBC Standards, regulatory requirements and IAM capabilities
What do you need to succeed?
- Undergraduate degree coupled with Cyber Security experience in financial institutions.
- Demonstrated ability in written and oral communication skills along with strong presentation skills. Ability to determine the information and communication needs of the stakeholders and project.
- Strong organizational, documentation, and analysis capabilities.
- A strong understanding of Identity and Access Management controls.
- Strategic thinker with excellent interpersonal skills to work across functions and businesses.
- Prior experience in analyzing the United States financial sector regulations and working with the various regulatory bodies to provide assurance of a control environment.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.