City : Calgary, AB
Category : Full time Equipment Operation
Industry : Construction
Employer : Ledcor Group
Job Summary:You are a Hydrovac Operator with experience supporting utility maintenance and construction projects. Your past experience in the telecommunications industry allows you to safely daylight, trench and dig around utilities.
Join Ledcor Technical Services in Calgary, AB today!
- Daylighting and soft excavating for telecom, hydro, gas, and water
- Ensure health and safety is the number one goal by following policies, Alberta Infrastructure guidelines and acting in a safe manner at all times
- Perform pre and post trip inspections by following company policies and procedure for routine maintenance, perform general housekeeping to ensure Hydro Vac is clean and operating properly
- Complete all required paperwork daily
- Set up and inspect grounding and/or bonding procedures by Hydrovac operation
- Handle and distribute construction materials, loading and unloading vehicles with supplies, equipment, remove all debris from work sites
- 2 -3 years of experience operating a Hydro Vac
- Previous experience in telecommunications is an asset
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must have and maintain a minimum valid Class 1 or Class 3 license and be able to provide a clean driver's abstract
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements and security clearance process
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position which involves sitting, standing, bending, climbing, lifting up to 50 pounds, and in all types of weather conditions (rain, snow, heat etc.)
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.