Hydrovac Operator-Telecom Construction
City : Winnipeg, MB
Category : Full time Equipment Operation
Industry : Construction
Employer : Ledcor Group
Job Summary:You are a Hydrovac operator with experience supporting utility maintenance and construction working on Outside Plant (OSP) construction and Fiber to the Home (FTTH) projects . Your experience supporting telecommunications allows you to safely daylight, trench and dig around utilities.
Apply Now! come join Ledcor in Winnipeg, MB today!
- Daylighting and soft excavating for telecom, hydro and gas
- Ensure health and safety is the number one goal by following policies, CVOR guidelines and acting in a safe manner at all times
- Perform pre and post trip inspections by following company policies and procedure for routine maintenance, perform general housekeeping to ensure Hydro Vac is clean and operating properly
- Complete all required paperwork daily
- Set up and inspect grounding and/or bonding procedures by Hydrovac operation
- Handle and distribute construction materials, loading and unloading vehicles with supplies, equipment, remove all debris from work sites
- Other duties as required
- Must have at least 1-3 years previous experience operating a Hydrovac
- Previous experience in telecommunications is an asset
- Must have and maintain a valid Class 1 or Class 3 driver’s license
- Must have and maintain a clean driver’s abstract and CVOR
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position which involves sitting, standing, bending, climbing, lifting (up to 45 pounds), and in all types of weather conditions (rain, snow, heat etc.)
- Benefits provided by CLAC
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.