City : Calgary, AB
Category : Z-WSP E&I Canada Ltd.
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms – made stronger with the recent creation of WSP E&I Canada Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of WSP Canada Inc.
We have over 63,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000 people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
WSP has an exciting career opportunity for an experienced Hydrogeologist based in either our Edmonton or Calgary offices to join our Assessment and Remediation (A&R) team. You will be joining a growing international company, helping to shape our services in local markets, and executing challenging projects for our diverse clientele.
A regional team with global resources and a passion for our work, we employ some of the world’s best people and task our managers with inspiring and developing the next generation of employees. Driven by delivering value to our customers, we strive to provide safe and sustainable project solutions, developing the full potential of our people and contributing to the communities we work in. Come join a team that is committed to being a trusted partner for our customers by consistently delivering excellence.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
Reporting to the A&R Operations Manager and working collaboratively within the Alberta and Prairie Region practice, your responsibilities may include but won’t necessarily be limited to:
- Working with a team of dynamic professionals, including junior, intermediate and senior scientists/engineers to grow WSP E&I’s hydrogeology, environmental engineering/reclamation, landfill engineering, infrastructure and contaminated sites practices.
- Managing and undertaking projects and technical studies in the field of physical and contaminant hydrogeology/hydrogeochemistry in support of oil sands development, contaminated site assessments, site remediation, water resources and others as appropriate.
- Collaborating with other WSP E&I offices/environmental staff on projects in Western Canada or international locations.
- Liaising with clients, stakeholders and agencies as required by each assignment.
- Participating in global corporate technical practice groups with the goal of elevating our technical excellence and visibility in the eyes of our clients.
- Liaising with universities, research groups and corporate technical experts in the application of innovative approaches to solving our client’s problems.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key clients.
- Providing direction under applicable Provincial and Federal regulations.
- Overseeing quality control including review and approval of technical correspondence, project proposals, technical reports, work plans, and project specifications including cost estimates and budgets)
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Bachelor of Geological or Civil Engineering or Geological Science degree from an accredited institution plus appropriate continuing education in engineering or geological sciences. A graduate degree would be considered an asset.
- Current registration as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng) or Professional Geologist (P.Geo) in Alberta
- 5 years + direct consulting experience conducting hydrogeological investigations of oil sands sites, water supply systems, well fields and/or contaminated sites.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of oil sands hydrogeology
- Experience and knowledge of contaminant hydrogeology and/or aqueous geochemistry
- Groundwater flow and transport modelling experience would be considered an asset.
- Desire to provide exceptional client service and a commitment to technical excellence. -
- An effective communicator that thrives within a team environment.
- Strong writing skills are a must to prepare reports, proposal and other project deliverables.
- A strong desire to grow in your career with WSP E&I