City : Fredericton
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Hydrogeologist - ( 230004PE )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We are a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
We have an immediate opening for an Intermediate to Senior Hydrogeologist to join our Team in Atlantic Canada. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic and ready to engage in providing our clients high-quality products while learning and growing both as an individual and as part of a team.
As an Intermediate/Senior Hydrogeologist, you would be involved in a variety of projects related to hydrogeologic assessment, groundwater supply development, and groundwater protection and management. This position is anticipated to consist of groundwater data analysis, field testing, and groundwater modelling as projects require. Other office work may include compilation, reduction, and analysis of water well testing or chemical data, proposal preparation, and reporting.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Follow safe work practices and adhere to company and client guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
- Perform field investigations in support of hydrogeological studies including drilling, well construction and testing oversight; groundwater sampling; and water level monitoring.
- Produce geological cross-sections and groundwater contour maps.
- Interpret aquifer tests, characterize aquifers based on maps and other spatial data, and perform spatial analysis using GIS tools.
- Interpret analytical laboratory results.
- Develop conceptual and analytical hydrogeologic models.
- Perform data analysis and data visualization utilizing GIS, Surfer, Leapfrog, or other three-dimensional data-visualization software.
- Develop numerical groundwater models using industry-standard modelling platforms such as MODFLOW or FEFLOW.
- Prepare technical reports documenting field investigations and analytical results.
- Prepare and deliver presentations of hydrogeologic investigations internally and to external clients.
- Develop project budgets, determine project scope, and establish project schedules.
- Travel as required to various field sites with overnight travel sometimes required.
- Contribute to business development activities, including proposals, pre-qualifications, and relationship building with clients and prospective clients.
- Provide supervision, training, technical direction and mentoring to more junior staff.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Ability to meet a strong demand for high-quality, organized, and consistent results.
- Confident individual who demonstrates strong initiative and is capable of independent action with the ability to make informed decisions.
- Time management skills that include balancing immediate and long-term work commitments with varying priorities and deadlines.
- Valid driver’s license is required for business travel.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, technical writing, electronic communications, and presentations.
- Experience with hydrogeological characterization work including aquifer test design, analysis and technical report writing.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with hydrogeological modeling software such as MODFLOW, FEFLOW, and/or AQTESOLV is an asset.
- Experience with programming languages including Fortran, Python, VBA, or SQL is considered an asset.
- Proficient skills in communication and technical information exchange with clients, engineers and scientists, government regulators and agencies, and academia, as well as non-technical communication to the public.
- Ability to provide written and verbal direction on project delivery.
- Show leadership in striving to continuously improve technical performance.
- Champion new ideas and initiatives and create an environment that supports creativity and innovation.
- Build and maintain productive professional and personal networking relationships.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a Master’s degree specializing in groundwater from a Hydrogeology, Geoscience, or Engineering program.
- 7 - 20 years of working experience in consulting or regulatory environment, regularly using and analyzing hydrogeologic data.
- Existing professional registration (P.Geo. or P.Eng.).
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Nova Scotia-Dartmouth
Other Locations : Canada-New Brunswick-Fredericton, Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador-St. John's
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1214 EnvSvcs-CA Atlantic Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Nov 16, 2023, 11:17:00 AM
Req ID: 230004PE
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans