Hybrid Pharmacist Clinical / Dispensary – Walk-In Clinic – Lethbridge, Alberta **Signing Bonus**
City : Lethbridge, Alberta
Category : Full time
Industry : Pharmacy
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Come make your difference in communities across Canada, where authenticity, trust and making connections is valued – as we shape the future of Canadian retail, together. Our unique position as one of the country's largest employers, coupled with our commitment to positively impact the lives of all Canadians, provides our colleagues a range of opportunities and experiences to help Canadians Live Life Well®.
At Real Canadian Superstore, we succeed through collaboration and commitment and set a high bar for ourselves and those around us. Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong.
At Loblaw Pharmacy, we are committed to supporting the evolution of pharmacy practice in Alberta and expanding the role of the pharmacist in a community setting.
We have a unique opportunity for a pharmacist who is ambitious and passionate about patient care and is looking to take down barriers while building meaningful relationships with people in the Lethbridge community. This is an exciting opportunity for you to leverage full scope of practice in a special walk in clinic environment.
We are seeking a pharmacist who is clinically inclined and possesses a high degree of competence in various areas of clinical therapeutics, as well as someone who enjoys interacting with people in the community, bringing to life our mission to help Canadians Live Life Well.
What you'll do
- Patient assessments to prescribe new medications/extend existing medications
- Travel Health Consultations
- Chronic Disease Management via medication reviews
- Administration of medications by injection
- Point of Care screening/swabs
- Providing lab requisitions and interpreting lab results
- Collaboration with other HCPs to establish circles of care for patients
- Prepare, dispense and control medications accurately and timely to patients
- Counsel of patients in regards to new and additional medications in a friendly, positive and pro-active interaction
- Create awareness and educate customers through public relations (public health days, clinics, etc.)
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor of Science, Pharmacy and a Class A Pharmacists license a must
- -Must be licensed to practice pharmacy in Alberta and in good standing with ACP
- Additional Prescribing Authority, Injection Certification, minimum level C first aid is an asset
- Additional accreditations are an asset (eg CDE, CRE, CTH, etc.)
- Superior customer relations skills and a strong sense of professionalism
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving skills including the experience formulating and executing action plans
- Strong personal computing skills, as well as knowledge of KROLL Pharmacy Computer system a definite asset
If you want to join a fast-paced winning team and believe you can have an immediate impact, then we want to hear from you!
Additional information will be communicated during the interview process.
Our commitment to Sustainability and Social Impact is an essential part of the way we do business, and we focus our attention on areas where we can have the greatest impact. Our approach to sustainability and social impact is based on three pillars – Environment, Sourcing and Community – and we are constantly looking for ways to demonstrate leadership in these important areas. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers & Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
If you are unsure whether your experience matches every requirement above, we encourage you to apply anyway. We are looking for varied perspectives which include diverse experiences that we can add to our team.
We have a long-standing focus on diversity, equity and inclusion because we know it will make our company a better place to work and shop. We are committed to creating accessible environments for our colleagues, candidates and customers. Requests for accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary or permanent) can be made at any stage of application and employment. We encourage candidates to make their accommodation needs known so that we can provide equitable opportunities.
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.