Human Resources Coordinator
City : Sudbury, ON, CAN
Category : See posting
Industry : Mining and Quarrying
Employer : Vale
Ready to lead with your HR skills?
Who We Are:
Welcome to Vale in Canada. Our purpose is to improve life and transform the future. We value our workforce and offer continuous training and career development opportunities for our people.
Vale is a global leader in the production of iron ore and one of the largest producers of nickel. Active in Canada for over 100 years, Vale employs nearly 6,000 people across our corporate office in Toronto and sites in Manitoba, Ontario, Newfoundland and Labrador. Applying the latest technologies to sustainably mine critical minerals that power electric vehicles, create renewable energy solutions and help develop life-saving medical equipment is at the heart of what we do.
With our global headquarters in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and approximately 125,000 employees in over 30 countries, Vale is constantly growing and changing. We invite you to be part of our evolution
We are currently seeking a talented and energetic individual to join our Human Resources team as an HR Coordinator in our Sudbury, Ontario Operations. This is a permanent to join our elite team of HR professionals who meet regularly to share learnings, solve HR challenges and “Dig Deep” together to provide exceptional HR service to our clients. The incumbent will report directly to the Human Resources Manager.
In this role you will support the Human Resources Business Partners and the Human Resources Manager on a variety of administrative components such as HR Programs, HR Projects, employment changes, and organizational initiatives. This opportunity Is ideal for someone who thrives in a dynamic and fast paced work environment, sees challenges as opportunities, believes in the value of continuous improvement and is looking to develop themselves through a variety of HR experiences. We are seeking a new team member who has expert analytical and reporting skills, proficient in Excel, and is comfortable managing a range of administrative tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Acts as our HR Team Ontario focal point for regular/annual/ad-hoc HR reports, processes, and programs
- Generates regular and ad hoc reports, metrics, and dashboards using data from multiple sources
- Consults with HRBP team to obtain and gather insights on data requirements for key people performance metrics such as Overtime, Absenteeism, Turnover, etc
- Provides data administration for all employee change actions as required using our Vale HRIS system (Peoplesoft)
- Manages and interprets data in a way that allows for the identification of key trends and presents the results in a logical manner to enable data driven decisions
- Research and recommend training and other solutions to address client needs at the request of the HRBPs
- Provides support for Vale Education System to Ontario client groups
- Process invoices for the Ontario HR team in a timely manner
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Human Resources/ Business Administration related focus OR
- Completion of a relevant post-secondary program in HR Management or equivalent is preferred
- 2-5 years of related HR Coordinator/Administrator experience in a client-focused Human Resources department is preferred however, recent graduates are encouraged to apply
- Working knowledge of the Ontario Employment Standards Act and regulations
- Brings positive attitude and enthusiasm to the work!
- Expert MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with HRIS, Applicant Tracking and Onboarding Systems; Knowledge of PeopleSoft is an asset
- Demonstrates creative problem-solving to resolve problems in a timely manner
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to explain information in an organized and concise way
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail, with the ability to meet challenging deadlines
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Effectively prioritize and deliver results in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Independent delivery with the ability to work in a team-driven environment
What We Offer You
- Competitive salary
- Attractive pension and benefits (company paid core coverage, flex health and dental coverage, flex accounts, disability plans and optional insurances)
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation, flex, sick, top up for maternity/parental)
- Flexible work arrangements
- Work culture dedicated to safety, diversity & inclusion and career growth
- Grow your career in a large and global company, and mining industry leader
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- Online training and career development opportunities
- Opportunities to advise and oversee the design, budget and construction of new mines and expansions
Difference Makes All the Difference
At Vale, we are committed to ensuring an inclusive work environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. Vale encourages everyone to express their ideas and opinions and values the plurality of individual profiles. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or any other personal consideration that makes us different.
Vale is an equal opportunity employer seeking to increase diversity across our operations and improve equal opportunity at Vale and in the mining industry.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, accommodation is available throughout our recruitment process for applicants with disabilities.
Apply by: March 28, 2023]]>