Human Resources Business Partner – Temporary (6 months)
City : Toronto, ON, CA
Category : Human Resources
Industry : Healthcare
Employer : LifeLabs
LifeLabs is the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada, serving the healthcare needs of Canadians for over 50 years. Our team members are truly centred around our customers, and we know that behind every lab requisition, sample being tested, or investment in technology is an individual and their family counting on us.
Consistently named one of Canada's Best Employers by Forbes, LifeLabs has also been recognized for having an award-winning Mental Health Program from Benefits Canada. The passion and commitment of over 6,000 diverse and innovative team members unites and motivates us to ensure our customers receive high quality tests and results that they can trust. Agile, customer-centred, caring and teamwork: we live these values every day in what we do to support our customers and healthcare providers, driving forward our vision of empowering a healthier you.
Make a difference – join the LifeLabs team today!
This is an exciting time to join our Human Resources team and have a positive impact supporting strategic business outcomes. As the Canadian Healthcare landscape continues to evolve, LifeLabs is positioned to leverage its core, while selectively growing through diversification, acquisition, and governments’ focus on community-based healthcare services.
The HR Business Partner is an HR generalist responsible for supporting the delivery of our People Strategy and partnering with leaders to develop and execute HR strategies focused on employee and labour relations, talent, change, organizational effectiveness as well as compensation and total rewards. The HR Business Partner collaborates with HR Operational Excellence and HR COEs to deliver an integrated HR approach to the business.
This is an amazing opportunity to provide strategic advice and proactive human resources support to business leaders to advance LifeLabs business strategies, accelerate transformation and build culture and capabilities.
A Day in the Life
Enable the LifeLabs People Strategy and Deliver the HR Plan
- Act as a trusted advisor to business leaders providing advice and guidance on all people-related matters.
- Identify emerging people issues and trends to inform decision-making. Break down strategic problems and analyze data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Work with your partners across HR to develop and implement integrated talent strategies and solutions to support the business in acquiring, developing, and retaining the best talent to meet current and future business needs and help them in tackling their top talent priorities. Support leaders in building employee capabilities and enabling team performance.
- Build change management strategies and plans to support transformation initiatives.
Strategic Employee and Labour Relations
- Build and implement employee relations strategies and policies that enable business results. Manage employee relations issues and conduct investigations in support of corporate values.
- Partner with Labour Relations to build strategies and tactics for grievances, arbitrations and bargaining.
- Reinforce the appropriate application of HR policies, standards and procedures to ensure alignment with LifeLabs vision, mission and values and to ensure adherence with legislative requirements.
Compensation and Total Rewards
- Support the job evaluation process, ensure rankings are applied consistently and equitably; ensure legislative requirements are met; and documentation exists to substantiate job rankings.
- Conduct, gather and analyze market data to prepare proposals with recommendations regarding compensation recommendations.
- Support the business with reporting requests to assist clients with strategic decision making.
What You’ll Bring:
- University degree and a minimum of 7 years of HR Generalist experience
- Previous experience in Human Resources and managing a client group or business area is required
- Demonstrated business acumen and consulting skills
- Strong coaching and facilitation skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong problem identification and resolution skills
- Excellent communication and influence skills
- Previous experience in Labour Relations and working in a unionized environment an asset
- Sound knowledge of compensation and Pay Equity principles.
- Experience in job evaluation using a point factor system is required.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office and Excel skills are a must.
- Strong data analysis, mathematical, interpretation and problem-solving skills
At LifeLabs, we strive to create an inclusive and equitable workplace where our team members and the communities we serve feel accepted, valued, and respected.
In accordance with LifeLabs’ Accessibility Policy, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. For a confidential inquiry or to request an accommodation, please contact your recruiter or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
LifeLabs is committed to providing a safe environment for our employees, customers, and the communities we serve. We have been a leader throughout the COVID-19 pandemic regarding health and safety measures and have always put our employees and customers at the center of every decision that we make. As an organization in the health care sector, we believe the COVID vaccination adds a layer of protection that complements the extensive and necessary health and safety protocols that we have taken to date. With this in mind, we currently require all LifeLabs employees, contractors, students and volunteers to be fully vaccinated.
LifeLabs operates under a distributed workforce model, where employee flexibility is a key priority. Further information will be provided during the interview process on what this means for employees.