Human Resources Business Partner – Corporate
City : Calgary
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Human Resources Business Partner - Corporate - ( 230000OH )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our 26,000 team members in over 400 locations worldwide are vital to making our Company stronger.
We are in pursuit of an experienced HR Business Partner to join our passionate, collaborative, and results-driven team. As part of our Functional Services HR Client Services team, the HR Business Partner will be supporting leaders and employees throughout our various teams located across the United States and Canada.
You will need to wear several hats, be a trusted advisor, strategist, consultant, analyst, change agent and coach. Sit alongside and collaborate with business leaders to develop and implement strategies that support people and organizational needs in addition to facilitating the deployment of our HR Strategic Plan. Every day you will engage in business conversations, influence, and equip people leaders to lead their teams and foster a highly engaged, inspiring and inclusive workplace.
We are looking for someone who is resilient, pragmatic, adaptable, and a team player. Your counsel should be logical, analytical, and strategic. Your passion to make a difference will contribute to the success of our internal clients in creating better outcomes for our Stantec clients and the various communities we serve.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Quickly establishes and maintains effective working relationships with internal client groups, including employees, managers, and senior leaders, along with our HR colleagues.
- Proactively partner with clients to identify strategic issues, workforce planning or organizational design challenges and provide advice and expertise to help develop creative solutions.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to leaders by presenting multiple perspectives and challenging the status quo.
- Demonstrate and effectively scale the application of the HR generalist disciplines including employee engagement, retention and talent development, succession planning, change, conflict and exit management, employment legislation, employee relations, performance management, investigations, job evaluation, compensation management, internal communication, coaching, data analytics, workforce planning, policy interpretation, career coaching, facilitation, and inclusion & diversity to positively impact Stantec’s culture of performance and safety.
- Serve as a workforce champion and promote a positive work environment and employee experience.
- Facilitate trainings as needed including planning and delivering sessions with managers and employees.
- Develop and implement HR-related projects and participate as a team member on special projects as needed. May also lead local or regional initiatives and projects.
- Foster a continuous improvement mindset and continually look for opportunities to increase the return on investment of human resources programs for employees and leaders.
- Collaborate within a geographically dispersed team to communicate, facilitate, and/or present HR programs and initiatives to client groups.
- Work collaboratively with functions such as an HR service representative for accurate completion of employee transactions, talent acquisition for recruitment, etc.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proven influencer and collaborator, with the ability to provide guidance and support to business clients.
- Developed skills in coaching managers, facilitation, conflict resolution and relationship management.
- Valued for your agility and ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and having a focus for action-orientation on results.
- Respected for balancing strategic and operational tasks with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Noted for your ability to identify and anticipate strategic and operational business and human capital challenges, then providing and executing innovative solutions with attention to critical details.
- Distinguished as a business partner who learns the business and takes an active interest in continually enhancing your business acumen.
- Regarded as an exceptional communicator and able to influence a broad and diverse range of stakeholders through effective relationships, verbal, and written communication.
- Valued as a consummate professional, exercising confidentiality, discretion, sound judgment as well as possessing critical thinking in ambiguous situations.
- Recognized for your learning mindset, initiative, and ability to understand the business and challenges, and new and innovative approaches that result in improvements in team engagement, productivity and organizational performance.
- Interest in continual personal development and keeping current in human resource best practices through external resources and building a strong HR network.
- Demonstrated comprehensive understanding of the core HR competencies.
- Adaptability to rapidly changing demands.
- Prior experience successfully operating within a matrix global organization and within a geographically dispersed team is an asset.
- Ability to travel to multiple Stantec locations.
- Strong MS Office Suite skills preferred.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, or a related field
- Minimum of five years of related work experience
- HR certification preferred
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations : Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Organization : BC-1207 Human Resources-Client Services-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Apr 25, 2023, 7:34:19 AM
Req ID: 230000OH
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans