Human Resources Business Partner
City : Winnipeg
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Human Resources Business Partner - ( 230000OK )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our 26,000 team members in over 400 locations worldwide are vital to making our Company stronger.
An exciting opportunity exists for a highly motivated and experienced HR Business Partner to join our passionate, collaborative, and results-driven team. As part of our HR Client Services (HRCS) team, the HR Business Partner will be supporting leaders and employees for various teams within the Alberta region. The successful candidate will be a trusted advisor, strategist, consultant, analyst, change agent and coach. Sit alongside and collaborate with business leaders to develop and implement strategies that support people and organizational needs in addition to facilitating the deployment of our HR Strategic Plan. Every day you will engage in business conversations, influence, and equip people leaders to lead their teams and foster a highly engaged, inspiring, and inclusive workplace.
We are looking for someone who is resilient, pragmatic, adaptable, and a team player. Your counsel should be logical, analytical, and strategic. Your passion to make a difference will contribute to the success of our internal clients in creating better outcomes for our Stantec clients and the various communities we serve.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Quickly establishes and maintains effective working relationships with internal client groups, including employees, managers, and senior leaders.
- Proactively partners with clients to identify strategic issues, workforce planning or organizational design challenges and provide advice and expertise to help develop creative solutions.
- Provides strategic guidance of the HR generalist disciplines including employee engagement, retention and talent development, succession planning, change, conflict and exit management, employment legislation, employee relations, performance management, investigations, job evaluation, compensation management, coaching, data analytics, workforce planning, policy interpretation, career coaching, facilitation, and inclusion & diversity to positively impact Stantec’s culture of performance and safety.
- Serves as a workforce champion and promotes a positive work environment and employee experience.
- Facilitates trainings as needed, enables performance management and planning sessions with managers and employees.
- Practices effective relationship management to elevate working relationships with internal client groups, including managers, senior leaders, and employees along with our global HR specialists.
- Develops and implements HR-related projects and participates as a team member on special projects as needed.
- Fosters a continuous improvement mindset and continually look for opportunities to increase the return on investment of human resources programs for employees and leaders.
- Collaborates within the Global HR to communicate, facilitate, and/or present HR programs and initiatives to client groups.
- Works with human resource service representative(s) to ensure accurate completion of ad-hoc employee changes.
- Assists with relevant HR administrative tasks as required.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proven influencer and collaborator, with the ability to provide guidance and support to business clients.
- Ability to quickly establish and build effective working relationships.
- Developed skills in coaching managers, facilitation, conflict resolution and relationship management.
- Valued for your agility and ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and having a focus for action-orientation on results.
- Respected for balancing strategic and operational tasks with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Distinguished as a business partner who learns the business and takes an active interest in continually enhancing your business acumen.
- Demonstrated comprehensive understanding of the core HR competencies including but not limited to compensation, benefits, employment law, organizational development, talent development and training, mentoring/coaching/facilitation, recruitment and workforce planning and an overall understanding of HR policies and programs and other terms and conditions of employment, along with an understanding of HR best practices.
- Adaptability to rapidly changing demands.
- Prior experience successfully operating in a geographically dispersed team is a plus.
- Regarded as an exceptional communicator and able to influence a broad and diverse range of stakeholders through effective relationships, verbal, and written communication.
- Recognized for your learning mindset, initiative, and ability to understand the business and challenges, and new and innovative approaches that result in improvements in team engagement, productivity, and organizational performance.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, or related field; Minimum of 5 years of related work experience. Experience working in the Environmental, Engineering and Architecture sectors would be considered an asset. HR certifications such as a CPHR are preferred.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Travel may be required between local offices and throughout the region.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations : Canada-Saskatchewan-Regina, Canada-Saskatchewan-Saskatoon, Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg
Organization : BC-1207 Human Resources-Client Services-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 9, 2023, 6:44:57 AM
Req ID: 230000OK
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans