Kwantlen Polytechnic University
KPU offers all learners opportunities to achieve success in a diverse range of programs that blend theory and practice, critical understanding, and social and ethical awareness necessary for good citizenship and rewarding careers. KPU strives to implement initiatives that will attract, support, engage, and retain KPU’s people and create an environment where all employees see themselves as contributing to student learning.
JOB OVERVIEW: HUMAN RESOURCES ASSOCIATE
Reporting to Manager, People Services, this position is responsible for providing prompt, accurate and confidential service and support to employees of the University regarding Human Resources issues. The role is responsible for compiling, documenting, entering and updating employee and job information in the HRIS. The role provides information, advice and guidance to employees regarding relevant collective agreements, policies, and benefits and supports Business Leaders with contract questions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Diploma in Business Administration or related field of study.
• A minimum of two years’ related experience, preferably within a unionized environment.
• Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of complex Human Resources/Payroll systems such as Banner, PeopleSoft and SAP.
• Demonstrated working knowledge Microsoft Office.
• Experience handling HR processes and issues related to benefits, recruiting and employee relations.
• Proven ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and to deal with change, delays or unexpected events, keeping constant sight of the overall objectives couple with strong organizational skills.
• Demonstrated aptitude for exacting and precise work, including ability to perform arithmetic calculations accurately.
• Experience identifying and resolving problems in a timely manner and gathering and analyzing information skillfully.
• Experience presenting data and information in a concise, clear and meaningful manner to individuals and small groups.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative and overcome obstacles.
• Proven ability to recognize and maintain highest levels of confidentiality.
• Ability to maintain poise and professionalism in all types of situations.
• Intercampus travel is required, possession of a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is preferred.
for a more detailed job description
Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box?
We at KPU understand that experiences and qualifications may look differently for everyone and, if this job description is of interest to you, we encourage you to apply.
Note to Applicants:
Kwantlen Polytechnic University welcomes and encourages applications from equity deserving groups and diverse experiences including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, and members of the 2S/LGBTQIA+ community.
If there are any barriers that you are experiencing or an accommodation that we can provide to support you through the application process, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with KPU. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is committed to protecting the safety and welfare of employees, students, and the general public, and upholding the reputation and integrity of the University. For this reason, final applicants will be asked to undergo a background check.