City : Stewart, British Columbia
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion that allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, and empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
KSMCo Gold Inc.’s (KSMCo) Kerr-Sulphurets-Mitchell (KSM) Property involves the development of major gold-copper deposits located in northwest British Columbia (BC) off Highway 37, approximately 65 km by air north-northwest of the ice-free Port of Stewart, BC. The Property is situated within the coastal mountains of BC, approximately 30 km topographically up-gradient of the Alaska-BC border.
Reporting to the Site HSS Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible to Lead the Health, Safety & Security (HSS) function to create and sustain a productive work culture and safe work environment in order to avoid and minimize HSS related concerns. These concerns include but are not limited to prevention of human injury, environmental degradation and unsafe working conditions/practices. This is done through health, safety and environmental training, programs, and processes with a visible and uncompromised commitment to the protection of the environment as well as the safe productivity of the Company’s employees.
• Manage and train subordinates assigned to their area on HSS activities
• Manage and oversee Contractors assigned in their area on HSS activities
• Provide guidance, assistance and advice to business lines, project management, and Company organizations through interpretation of Company HSS practices and procedures in relation to client requirements and current legislation and regulations
• Make decisions independently relative to HSS activities
• Supervise the implementation of HSSE programs, including project site-based HSS orientation, recognition and awards programs, to all levels of project staff to promote a balance between productivity and the safety of project staff and visitors in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
• Run gap analyses to identify and address program gaps that may occur between Company practices, client requirements, and regulatory/legislative requirements in order to confirm that the project conforms to Company, client and regulatory/legislative requirements
• Initiate, foster and maintain HSS standards and goals through Company and/or project wide HSS programs to heighten awareness and promote a safe and productive work environment
• Adhere to and support Fluor's Health, Safety & Environmental and Sustainability Policies
• Other duties as assigned