City : Kitimat, British Columbia
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and is recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us fulfill our purpose to Build a Better World.
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion that allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
Reporting to the Site HSE Manager, this position conducts work directly related to management or general business operations in an organization or functional area. The work requires advanced knowledge gained from a prolonged course of specialized instruction, experience and expertise. The position includes work requiring the consistent exercise of discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Work on projects of advanced scope for HSE activities on medium to large-scale projects.
• Subject Matter Expert on all aspects of Incident Investigation.
• Provides the required expertise to continually improve the quality of incident investigations.
• Plays a key role in establishing a skilled pool of Root Cause Analysts.
• Coach, train and mentor investigation teams and develop them to an internationally recognized standard.
• Review all reported incidents and determine the reporting level. Initiate notifications to the company and shareholders, and prepare Terms of Reference for Team Investigation/Board of Enquiry.
• Review investigation reports and initial as expert for Senior Management approval.
• Apply regulatory requirements to provide advanced scope recommendations to project management; assist in monitoring and controlling HSE standards, applicable laws and regulations; and design and review a project plan or schematic to confirm compliance with all governmental regulations and Company/client requirements.
• Perform and document work requiring evaluation, selection, and adaptation/modification of advanced and complex techniques, procedures, and criteria, for example, Environmental Impact.
• Quantitative Risk Assessments (QRA), Process Hazard Analyses (PHA), Fire Protection
Specifications (FPS), Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) and perform analysis of regulations against advanced scope project needs so that design will comply with regulations.
• Identifying suitable in-house resources to be coached, trained and mentored as Root Cause Analysts/ Lead Investigators.
• Developing competency skill sets for Root Cause Analysts, Lead Investigators and Investigation Team Members, and monitoring competency levels.
• Improving the quality and effectiveness of the incident investigation process by: conducting Root Cause Analysis using cross-functional teams, creating a Lessons Learned database library, ensuring Lessons Learned are effectively communicated and shared throughout the organization and with other concerned parties. Developing incident investigation presentation formats for different audiences.
• Providing expert advice with the aim of helping the organization become a regional leader in the investigation arena.
• Promoting the underlying principle that investigating occupational and process safety incidents is an important function for ensuring all incidents are promptly and thoroughly investigated to provide the framework for protecting people, the Environment Assets and the reputation of the company.
• Developing processes that ensure occupational safety and process safety become integrated with the aim of helping the organization become the first to successfully implement this concept.
• Ensure the HSE Operations support group gains and maintains the confidence of Senior Management to ensure that the training and development of personnel will enhance the Company's reputation and performance.