City : Kitimat, British Columbia
Category : See posting on Fluor site
Industry : Engineering
Employer : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and is recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost-effective technology-based solutions is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us fulfill our purpose to Build a Better World.
Fluor team members are at the heart of our success in executing projects safely, thoughtfully, and with the highest quality. We aim to foster an inclusive culture that prioritizes diversity and inclusion that allows employees to bring their best, most authentic selves to work. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career, and are eager to champion innovative and sustainable solutions to our clients, this opportunity just may be for you!
The Site HSE Advisor reports to the Site HSE Manager and is responsible for the execution of technical and functional HSE related tasks, including the implementation of policies, procedures and methods.
Primary Job Duties/Functions:
1. Implements and coordinates programs to reduce and eliminate injuries, illnesses, deaths, environmental damage, and financial losses;
2. Conducts HSE audits;
3. Conducts or directs research studies to identify hazards and evaluate loss producing potential of given symptoms, operations or processes. Develops accident-prevention and loss-control systems and programs as required for projects;
4. Conducts and directs evaluations of HSE programs using established goals;
5. Conducts incident investigations and classifies all incidents in accordance with provincial and federal guidelines;
6. Develops, presents recommendations and communicates to HSE Management to ensure balance between productivity and the safety of team members, sub-contractors, and visitors;
7. Maintains liaison with client representatives, company HSE personnel, and regulatory agencies;
8. Monitors HSE programs by creating summaries/reports/presentations for HS Management;
9. Provides input for permit preparation on projects by maintaining knowledge of current guidelines and regulations.