HRIS Data Specialist
City : See posting
Category : Other
Industry : Public Services/Utilities
Employer : Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO)
INDEPENDENT ELECTRICITY SYSTEM OPERATOR (IESO)
|Location:||Mississauga - Hybrid|
|Business Unit:||Human Resources|
Why join us?
You’ve got great skills. And you want to use them in an organization where you know what you do every day matters. We get that.
We also know that ensuring Ontarians have access to affordable and reliable power doesn’t happen by accident. So we give you the tools, flexibility and support you need to achieve your goals, and development opportunities to help you grow. You’ll thrive in a collaborative, team-based environment that values your unique skills and experiences – and recognizes that when you do better, we become even better too.
Who we are
The Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO) works at the centre of the province’s power system, ensuring Ontarians have access to reliable and cost-effective electricity when and where they need it. We operate the province’s electricity grid 24/7, design, run and oversee the wholesale electricity markets, and plan and prepare to meet Ontario’s electricity needs – now and into the future.
Reporting to the Manager, HRIS, the HRIS Data Specialist will be the front-line data processor responsible for the ongoing maintenance of highly sensitive and confidential HR employee lifecycle information. Responsible for regular inputs and updates in various technological systems, troubleshooting, creating and running reports, data analyses, monitoring business and technical processes, the HRIS Data Specialist will also provide consultation to clients and maximizie technological capability by providing improved automation and digitization.
What you'll do
- The HRIS Data Specialist will provide program leadership and be the subject matter expert in employee data processing by monitoring and maintaining all data for HRIS modules, compensation, and benefits processes.
- Provide design and delivery of end user and functional training, analyses of sensitive HR information, recommendations for potential changes and execution of required changes.
- Serve as the main contact for technical/data related inquiries across broad HR domains, the role will ensure ongoing accuracy and efficiency in processing employee information within Employee Central (EC), Talent Management (TM), Learning (LMS), Compensation & Benefits modules, while managing the HRIS' inquiry inboxes to manage onboarding, cross-boarding and off-boarding with data integrity.
1. Work with Labour Relations: including the HR leadership team members, HR Business Partners and Advisors, and HR consultants, to review data in depth, providing reports of labour relations matters including preparation for collective bargaining, investigations into historical employee data, grievances, and arbitrations. Responsible for ongoing system administration in support of new hire setup, employee movement, job changes, pay changes, rotations, leaves and terminations. Initiates workflows following requirements and processes, and escalates issues to leadership when needed.
2. Processes Employee Lifecycle Changes: including offer letters, updates to automated technical templates, benefits setup, compensation & recognition platform support, testing of changes and implementation of requested changes following the software lifecycle with ITS. Understands and ensures technical and data accuracy with data flows to all downstream systems including Pay Services.
3. Position Management and Workforce Planning Support: including the maintenance of the Position Org Chart in partnership with Finance, with interrelations with employee lifecycle changes, and downstream processes including Onboarding, Cross-boarding and Off-boarding. Ensures all SLA’s and compliance requirements are met and that the integrity of business units and their sub-units and reporting relationship hierarchy is maintained. Reviews, processes, and imports organization structure changes within SuccessFactors Employee Central, with comprehension of impact on downstream systems, making recommendations for enhancements, automation, and efficiency gains.
4. Learning Management System (LMS) Support: Assists with the creation of new courses and curriculum/programs in LMS, including reporting. Monitors LMS data trends and makes recommendations for waitlist management and successful learning outcomes. Follows up directly with employees and leaders as needed to ensure success, and coordinates the calendar of events in the LMS as necessary. Trains other LMS Super-Users in the business. Works with Learning Manager and Learning Consultant to ensure all HR system requirements are met and accurate.
5. Benefits administration: Supports the benefits administration process by ensuring data passes successfully through interfaces in both directions, with a focus on accuracy, timeliness and successful completion. Responsible for proration calculations for vacation entitlements, and general benefits account administration for the Management flex benefits plan. Processes beneficiary forms and enrollment forms. Answers questions from HR, employees, and leaders, related to benefits administration, enrollment, and vacation. Provides support for ad hoc requests from the Benefits consultant.
6. Pension administration: Ensures pension membership data is entered successfully and activates/monitors pension contributions. Responsible for administering start and end of contributions.
7. Compensation Support: Assists with monthly reporting for recognition and service milestones, including certificate dissemination. Processes Ontario health premium calculations and reporting with submission to pay services. Provides support for ad hoc requests from the Compensation consultant.
8. File Management: Responsible for filing and following the Information Governance policy for management of employee files on site (Clarkson office location), and contributes towards the progress of digitization of files.
9. Reporting: Runs reports across HR functions and HR technologies that are required on a regular basis, and disseminating to necessary parties. Creates new reports and summaries as needed. This includes contributing as required to any regular reporting, updates as needed to dashboards, Quarterly Benefits reporting, and creation of new reports. Strong knowledge of the reporting functionality in HRIS is required for data integrity and accuracy of reporting. Labour Relations reporting includes but is not limited to member contact info, membership updates, seniority list updates, and union dues updates.
11. Participates in defining new HR business requirements and assessment of potential solutions. Assists with implementation, enhancing and/or testing selected systems/applications prior to deployment. Identifies and makes improvements to HR processes and technical systems, looking for opportunities for new/additional automation, removing areas prone to errors, and ensuring all critical HR functions carry on successfully through all HR systems.
12. Escalates based on judgement and discretion. Works directly with leaders in the organization, employees, and HR Business Partners, HR Advisors, Compensation & Benefits consultants, Learning & Leadership Development teams, and Labour Relations, to ensure that operations are conducted within the context of the respective Collective Agreement and IESO policies, processes, and procedures.
13. Conducts work independently to solve problems and improve functionality with little intervention by the manager, unless it is of exceptionally complicated nature and the outcome is unexpected/unknown with significant impact on end user or employee.
14. Liaises with other departments and teams as required (i.e. Pay Services, Access Management, Physical Security, Business Administrators, and/or Business Leaders, Finance) on sensitive or confidential employee data matters and in particular supports the Talent Acquisition Associates and HR Business Partner teams to ensure employee information is accurate. Works with external 3rd party vendors/consultants as well in managing tickets associated with various SuccessFactors modules and improvements, and updates tickets, coordinates testing and implementations into Production.
15. Follows up with employees and leaders to ensure end user comprehension and fulfillment of required actions and steps in the system, in support of regulatory and compliance requirements.
What you need to succeed
• Bachelor’s degree with specialization in HR Management
• 3-5 years functional experience with HRIS system(s), preferably SuccessFactors
• Basic knowledge of relevant legislation including the Employment Standards Act
• Proven ability to set priorities, manage multiple responsibilities, work efficiently with accuracy, and meet timelines
• High level of attention to detail and excellent follow-up skills
• Customer-focused attitude, with the ability to understand, anticipate and identify customer needs
• Demonstrated initiative and professionalism
• English – strong verbal, oral and written communication skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to understand collective agreements
• Intermediate proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, problem-solving and decision making skills
What’s in it for you
- A comprehensive total rewards program, including best-in-class benefits and a flexible workplace
- A challenging, fast-paced and collaborative team environment, where your perspectives and experiences matter
- Leaders who support your growth and success through regular feedback and coaching
- The opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the industry
Deadline: June 2, 2023
For future reference, please ensure to save a copy of the job description as it will no longer be available once the posting closes.
At the IESO, we know that achieving great results depends on embracing diversity by attracting, developing and retaining people from a wide variety of backgrounds. We do this by ensuring our recruitment and advancement policies are fair and equitable, and by creating an accessible and inclusive environment – one that values every team member’s unique skills and experiences and ensures they have the support they need to achieve their potential. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know.
We thank you for your interest in a career at the IESO, but we will only contact those candidates selected for an interview.
Note: The successful candidate must be eligible to work in Canada and will be subject to a background check.
The IESO offers a hybrid work model program to most of our employees, based on business needs. Individuals participating in the program can work an average of three days per week remotely within Ontario. It also offers three flex weeks when individuals can work remotely within Ontario . When working in the office, you will be located at our Mississauga location.
Join our talent community
Sign up for talent community; stay in touch, find out about new opportunities – and discover how you can make a difference. Discover how we use our expertise and commitment to deliver reliable and affordable electricity to Ontario’s businesses and communities, and how we’re innovating to secure a stronger energy future for all Ontarians. Visit Careers at IESO and be sure to follow us on LinkedIn.
Find out why we were selected as Greater Toronto’s Top 2023 Employers, and what we offer.