HR Service Centre Advisor
City : Pickering, ON, CA, L1N 9Y9
Category : Contract/Temporary (external), Make a Selection
Industry : Public Utilities
Employer : Ontario Power Generation
Status: Contract - 12 Months
Working Conditions: Hybrid Working Environment
Education Level: Post Secondary Education in Human Resources or equivalent experience
Location: Whitby, ON
Number of Positions: 3
Deadline to Apply: September 27, 2023
Electrify your career and help build a brighter tomorrow.
Every generation has a challenge that defines them. At OPG, we are calling on all innovators, disruptors, thought leaders and change-makers. Join us to electrify life in one generation and build a sustainable future powered by our electricity, our ideas, and our people. Join OPG and make history.
Whether you work in the skilled trades or are a business professional, a career at OPG is an opportunity to electrify your life on -- and off -- the job.
OPG is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees feel valued, respected, and supported. If you require accommodation during the application or interview process, please advise us as soon as possible so appropriate arrangements can be made.
If you require information in a format that is accessible to you, please contact AODA@opg.com.
NEW CAMPUS: In late 2024, OPG is establishing our new campus at 1908 Colonel Sam Drive, Oshawa, Ontario. The new campus will provide a cutting-edge work environment that fosters collaboration and innovation.
Ontario Power Generation (OPG) is looking for a dynamic, personable and results driven HR professional to join our team in the role of HR Service Centre Advisor.
Reporting to the Manager, Client Experience, this position is responsible for acting as a first point of contact for individual employees, managers and pensioners, triaging issues and co-ordinating the provision of services to clients, as well as providing operational support to Human Resources (HR). Answers incoming calls and inquiries from internal clients and help in the co-ordination, roll-out and delivery of HR programs to ensure that high levels of client service are met and issues are resolved in a timely, professional manner.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in an environment where you will contribute to OPG’s public outreach, engagement and education efforts as part of the company’s commitment to growing its social license.
- Respond to incoming calls and inquiries from internal clients at all levels in the organization, maintaining timely and accurate inquiry and resolution records, and escalating complex inquiries and cases as per established procedures.
- In responding to calls, actively listen and probe to ensure that the complexity of the inquiry is fully understood and that appropriate options are considered.
- Coach clients on the use of web self-serve and respond to resolve/general inquiries related to HR policy, programs, and processes not addressed fully on the web self-serve.
- Provide advice to employees and supervisors regarding the application of collective agreement terms and associated processes. Interpret and explain the application of clauses of Collective Agreement, directives, guides, and policies.
- Provide advice to employees and supervisors regarding the application of other HR policies, such as recruitment, compensation and benefits etc.
- Identify gaps and deficiencies in the knowledge base content and web self-serve, working closely with subject matter experts and specialists in HR and other shared services organizations to make the necessary updates.
- Monitor the database and through discussion with peers and team alignment meetings identify and create the need for knowledge based articles based on trending data.
- Respond to and coordinate inquiries from employees and supervisors that may require follow up with other departments. Follow up with Centre of Excellence’s within HR and other business units to ensure that routine cross functional inquiries are well understood, and responded to in an accurate and timely manner. Research various options for resolution and provide clients with either a recommended approach or approved alternatives.
- Assist in the coordination, roll-out and delivery of various HR programs and processes, including:
- Supporting the delivery of mass and targeted communications through e-mail and/or web self-serve
- Gathering inputs from clients
- Updating various databases and tools as required
- Reinforcing key messages when dealing with clients directly
- Provide support in testing system enhancements and upgrades to current platform.
- Post Secondary Education in Human Resources
- Working towards a CHRL designation would be considered an asset
- Top of mind customer service approach in handling inquires, resolving issues, analyzing client concerns and finding effective solutions;
- Sound knowledge of human resource principals and processes, and must be able to provide advice and operational support on a variety of HR matters;
- Labour/employee relations experience in a unionized environment is considered an asset;
- Interest in being able to provide advice on interpretation of collective agreements is considered an asset;
- Strong interpersonal skills, must be a trusted advisor with experience in building, shaping and maintaining positive relationships and partnerships with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders (business unit leaders, line managers, colleagues, union representatives, etc.);
- Proven track record on delivering results, and the ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment while effectively managing and adapting to multiple changing priorities;
- Proficiency in gathering, analyzing, and understanding information and data to draw meaningful solutions and conclusions;
- Strong ability to communicate effectively, possess excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to quickly understand business processes and navigate organization and support systems to deliver results to client groups;
- Commitment to high standards of procedural safety and regulatory compliance;
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and MS Teams;
- Experience and solid understanding working with HRIS systems. Experience with SAP and Success Factors is considered an asset;
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a flexible hybrid office environment.
The successful candidate will exhibit uncompromising integrity and commitment to upholding corporate values, and the OPG Code of Business Conduct.
What Makes a Career at OPG Different?
As Ontario’s largest clean energy generator, we’re building, expanding, and innovating the equipment and technology that keeps Ontario powered with clean, reliable energy.
At OPG, our values are our strengths. They are fundamental truths about our organization that don’t change:
Safety – it’s our business
Integrity – always lead with integrity
Excellence – never satisfied with good enough
Inclusion – working together for powerful outcomes
Innovation - creativity accelerates possibility
Here's why OPG might just be the ideal workplace for you:
• Exceptional range of opportunities province-wide
• Long-term career growth and development opportunities
• Electricity is vital to the province and OPG’s clean electricity is helping decarbonize other sectors.
Our promise to you:
• We care about the safety and the well-being of our employees. It is our utmost priority.
• A supportive work environment where you can be your best every day.
• Opportunities to stretch and develop.
• Offer different ways for you to give back to communities where we operate.
• Partner with Indigenous communities and support local businesses.
• We support employment equity, diversity and inclusion.
Are you ready to start a career that has the power to electrify life on and off the job? Apply now.
Please submit your application online at https://jobs.opg.com/ by 11:59 PM E.S.T., September 27, 2023. OPG thanks all those who apply; however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.