HR Intern- Summer 2024
City : Chipman
Category : Human Resources
Industry : Wood product manufacturing
Employer : J.D. Irving
HR Intern - Summer 2024
At J.D. Irving, Limited, you are part of an energetic team of professionals who lead with integrity and are passionate about achieving results. With a culture that nurtures talent and creates an inclusive workplace, you can grow your career across our diverse operating divisions.
We are currently hiring for an HR Intern – Summer 2024. We have an excellent student program at J.D. Irving with formal and informal opportunities to meet and network with people from across the business, including other students. This is a great experience that will provide you with real, valuable work experience that will allow you to challenge yourself and learn from industry-leading professionals.
What You Will Bring:
- Education Required:
- Currently enrolled in Business Administration, with an interest in Human Resources
- Available for Summer Internship (May 6th - August 23rd, 2024 - dates subject to change) and in good academic standing
- Demonstrated problem solving skills with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Customer focused individual with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Energetic self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially MS Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of, and experience with recruitment is considered a strong asset
- Ability and willingness to travel to various sites within Central New Brunswick
What You Will Achieve:
- Work collaboratively with team members from various departments on a variety of ad hoc requests.
- Utilize our human resources information system (HCM) i.e. maintain employee files, employment changes, reporting
- Assist with full-cycle recruitment, including attracting and sourcing candidates, screening, and interviews, and working closely with Hiring Managers on candidate suitability.
- Various HR administrative duties and special assignments as required.
What We Offer:
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and development.
- Growth and progression opportunities within J.D. Irving Limited and the larger network of the J.D. Irving group of companies.
What You Can Expect:
Integral roles on projects that really matter!
- Real responsibility, from day one.
- Opportunity to work in different aspects of the company.
- Mentorship from industry-leading experts.
- A chance to leave your mark on a growing company.
- The ability to have your voice and ideas be heard.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
When applying please be sure to include your resume and transcript.
NOTE: The recruiter is reviewing and interviewing eligible applicants for this position as they are received. There are a limited number of positions available, so you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Please note, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All candidates will be required to complete our standard assessments prior to being invited to participate in the next steps. Candidates will receive their invitation to assessments following their application and we encourage candidates to complete these as soon as possible.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
J.D. Irving, Limited, Sawmill Division is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.