HR Business Partner
City : Charlottetown
Category : Retail
Industry : Building material and garden equipment and supplies dealers
Employer : J.D. Irving
DISTRICT HR BUSINESS PARTNER
Are you looking to grow your career and knowledge in a fast paced, friendly, safety-oriented environment? Are you up for the challenge of elevating the customer experience through providing the best solution as a trusted partner for our customers?
Reporting to the Recruitment Manager, the District HR (Human Resources) Business Partner (HRBP) will act as a strategic partner for our stores. As an HRBP, you will play a critical role in strategizing, planning, hiring, and delivering HR solutions to align with Kent's purpose, guiding principles, and strategic objectives. You will work collaboratively with your District Manager and with a team of Recruitment coordinators reporting to you, to deliver HR solutions that move our business forward.
Your exceptional relationship building skills and ability to influence coupled with your strong business acumen and customer service orientation will ensure the associate engagement and business goals of the organization are met.
What you will do:
- Partner with store management team within the district on employee recruitment, onboarding, engagement, and other HR-related components as required.
- Support Recruitment Coordinators on post requisitions, conduct interviews, complete reference checks, background checks, arrange/complete drug testing of applicants
- Anticipate and understand the recruitment needs of your stores in partnership with the District Manager and Talent Acquisition Specialist focusing on talent identification, retention, and career development
- Various HR administrative duties and special assignments as required.
- Support your Recruitment coordinator team to conduct research into sourcing qualified candidates.
- Approve candidates on our hiring system (Taleo)
- Provide support coordination of recruitment projects and related services to supervisors, hiring managers, recruitment team members, and others.
- Participate in job fairs, community activities, and other public and departmental recruitment-related events.
- Assist with identifying issues affecting recruitment and implementing recruitment activities to continuously improve process
What you bring:
- Post-secondary degree with a concentration in Human Resources, Business, or a related discipline is an asset
- Relevant experience in delivering Human Resources services or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficiency with MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Demonstrate capability to work on multiple priorities with a strong sense of urgency to execute and deliver results
- Customer-focused, results driven team player
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high level of professionalism, accuracy, and detail.
- HR certification would be considered an asset.
- Lean Six Sigma or other process improvement certifications/experience would be an asset.
What we offer:
- A safe work environment
- Wellness program
- Scholarship and Bursaries
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Employee discount
- Health and Dental Benefits
- RRSP contribution
- Continuous learning and Career advancement
Kent is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada. Our mission is to be the best source of home improvement products through superior service, quality products and everyday great prices. We protect our customers and staff by hiring and training associates committed to our safety values.
We employ over 3700 people and work hard to increase our market share through strategic investment in training and technology. In addition to our retail stores, we operate truss manufacturing facilities and a wholesale drywall company. We are a member of the Independent Lumber Dealers Co-operative which ensures our great product selection and pricing.
Kent Building Supplies is an inclusive and diverse work environment. We are committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees, candidates, and customers.
If you have disabilities that require special accommodation please email, RetailRecruitment@kent.ca
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Worried you do not meet all the requirements? Studies have shown that many applicants apply only to job opportunities when they feel they meet 100% of the criteria. At Kent we promote an inclusive environment where everyone is appreciated, recognized, and empowered to contribute fully. If you are interested in this position but are worried you did not meet all the requirements, we would encourage you to still apply.
Apply Online today or drop your resume off in store!
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Kent Building Supplies is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.